We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Hardest Close up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LilMagic
View Profile
New user
Da Dirty South ( South Carolina )
3 Posts

Profile of LilMagic
What's the hardest close-up trick that you have ever done?
"U Can Put Da Magic In Da Ghetto, But U Can't Take Da Ghetto Out Da Magic."

Lil Magic
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
VERY ODD question. I'm not trying to be "cute" here, but if an effect was so restrictingly difficult to perform or beyond my capabilitieis, I wouldn't have performed it in the first place.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Appearing anvil.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Lorayne's Calculated Risk.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Cylinder and Coins, by far.

It took me well over a year to get it to where I could perform it. I believe I still have a long way to go (many years) before I'm satisfied.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1775 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Hollingworth's Ambidexterous Interchange. Way too angly and extremely difficult to do if you don't have a tailor made jacket.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Very hard question to ask. I would have to say the watch steal. That has been about the most nerve racking time. As for effects go i would have to say my handling for Deep Astonishment. If anyone wants to learn it just email me. Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Frank,

Which cylinder and coins?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Simon Aronson's "Histed Heisted". An absolutely brilliant effect. However, if you're not also brilliant, the brainwork can cause hemmorages.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
395 Posts

Profile of Jay
Well, 'hardest' is kind of vague. Do you mean the trick with the most sleights? The one with the worst angles? The one that takes the most guts?

I take 'hardest' to mean: The trick that I am most gun-shy performing, for any reason. That said, I nominate my cups and balls routine to be difficult for me to perform for others. So many people have seen some version of this, laymen and magi included, and it's one of the most difficult things for me to do for others. I bit the bullet and performed it for my SAM club last month, where it was received quite well, but I know I have a LONG way to go before it is perfect. I feel like it will never be, in fact. Cups and Balls relies so much on showmanship, presentation, and misdirection, that it might be one of those Zen things for me. They cups and balls just "are". I think I may have heard Teller (of Penn and____ fame) say this once. He was obsessed by it, just doing moves that didn't even make sense, routine-wise. My goal is to KILL with this some day, and I feel like it is never going to happen. So, I guess that's why it is my 'hardest' trick.

Jay Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
kingstardog,

I have studied all the versions I can get my hands on including john ramsays original, paul wilson, david roth, and john carney's version and i perform and prefer carney's version to all of them.

Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

I find it to be the best close-up effect on earth!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Hardest Close up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL