The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » pickpocket trick for close up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobbby
View Profile
New user
san francisco. CA
3 Posts

Profile of bobbby
I have heard about a trick or a video with a guy who performs a watch transfer with a spectator's watch and his own.
Does someone know the name of the guy or the title ?
Is it good?
If it's possible, I would really like to see that, and put it in my act.

Thanks for your help, I'm new around here.
Bobbby
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
you might want to pick up the watch steal video from Chappy Brazil. It does not go over the "put" but it does go over the "steal" of many different types of watches.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
bobbby
View Profile
New user
san francisco. CA
3 Posts

Profile of bobbby
thanks fstarsinic,
but i already have "the watch steal video" and i'm looking for something else.

it's a trick where the spectator's watch comes on your wrist, and the magician's watch appears on the spectator's wrist...
you understand why i'm so curious to know about it ? it seems so impossible...to me anyway.
Ross G
View Profile
New user
Exeter, England
40 Posts

Profile of Ross G
I think the one your after is Sebastien Mossiere's Watch and Cry

"The original watch transfer effect from France. Includes normal and special watches along with instructional video which contains a live demo and detailed instruction."

I havent seen it but its got some pretty good reviews.
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
You can read Watch and Cry's copy at Murphy's Magic. Sounds like a great idea, but also very difficult.
bobbby
View Profile
New user
san francisco. CA
3 Posts

Profile of bobbby
OK, thanks all of you,
it's exactly what i needed.
it'avaiable on magic smith's website, i'll take it.

have you ever heard about this french magician ?
Gaetan Bloom wrote it's very good.
I went to a french magic forum to look for more, but my french is very poor and i just can't read what i found: it 's an article about "watch and cry", written by Jean-Jaques Sanvert (I know this one).
could some french speeker help me, please ?

http://www.virtualmagie.com
Videomania/ watch an cry (just before "oh my god" by J. Sankey.
has anyone already bought it ?
pickypocky
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of pickypocky
I didn't know sebastien mossiere, but i made a research with google and found loads of stuffs , but o'course all in french.
if you know any other latin langage, it'll help you a bit, to know him more...
good luck bobbby.

by the way there is already a subject about "watch & cry" in the section "General magic /the good, the bad, and the gabagge...page number 18"
pretty good reviews indeed

"watch your watch !"
pickypocky.
Bye !
Pickypocky
jlbertrand
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jlbertrand
hi every one,

i'm the guy who produced and directed 'Watch and Cry', i don't really know if it's my place to be here telling you this, but it seems we are getting some good reviews in the state with sebastien's trick so, i'll try to share some more infos.

Basically it is a watch transfer... the first one to be sold, i guess. It kills the idea of pickpocket and turns a stunt into a real amazing magic trick...

Think as if you are ending your table show or cabaret act, bring your audience to the point where they will beg you for ONE last trick and just say a bit embarassed... "alright, let's try this... Sir ! hold your wrist like so, hold on to your watch real tight... I will not touch you at anytime..."
and as you are showing the way to hold the wrist, as you are doing what he is doing... it happens... In fact it already happened. When he'll check his wrist, he'll find out his watch has become yours and vice and versa.

I was working with Sebastien last and that's what he did, no need to say that i nicely pack my stuff and head back home politely, there is nothing better to do after that.

If you guys have any other questions, i'll be more than glad to answer.

A bientot,
Jean-Luc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » pickpocket trick for close up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL