We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » water torture cell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Wow, I think this is really underrated! I happened to fall asleep in the shower last night for 3 hours and when I woke up my hands were stinging sooooooo bad, it felt like my skin was ripping apart. I always thought that the 24 hour underwater thing was kind of easy but now I don't...

What do you people think of it?
Cheers,
Max
white hats rule.
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
376 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
The water torture cell does not have running water (probably the reason for your pain) Besides if you are underwater for longer than a couple of minutes in the cell, you've been there too long..

If you can convince your partner that a water torture cell would make a great additional piece of decor - then you are more persuasive than me Smile

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Max,
How does one fall asleep in a shower for 3 hours?
Don
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Kris

The "....24 hour underwater..." thing Max is talking about is the challenge that Criss Angel undertook a little while ago in New Yorks WWE wrestling nightspot, 'The World'.

He remained underwater for 24hrs (with scuba gear) in a copy of Houdini's cell.

Pretty lame stunt really!

By the way. I didn't just vanish from the chat the other night on purpose. NTL had their fun with me again, and I couldn't get back in Smile

Have fun

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Quote:
On 2002-11-08 13:28, DonDriver wrote:
Max,
How does one fall asleep in a shower for 3 hours?
Don

hahaha, it was like 1:00 and I woke up at 4:00. Oh and BTW Criss Angel didn't just do it -- Houdini was the original (I think). I (pardon me) don't like big stage illusions. I like closeup stuff but I respect both. I think that if it was running water then it would be easier to handle. Plus, at the end of the 24 hours you take off the breathing tank and hold your breath and take off all of your chains and locks.
white hats rule.
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
Just one small clarification on Criss Angels stunt, he didn't have Scuba gear really, he had a breathing aparatus, goggles, and shorts. Also on an average day my hands are submerged for about 4 hours or more and at the end of the day my skin is so saturated that when I open my hands up all the way my skin actually splits, so its not that easy really......plus the water sucks out the salt, and many of the oils in your skin, Smile
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
What is your occupation? 4 hours a day?!?
white hats rule.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I believe he is a goldfish....
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
Actually I am a dishwasher, and spend about 6 hours a day Mon-Fri in a dishroom, about 4 of those hours are hand scrubing pots and pans. So you see My hands get a lot of abuse.
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » water torture cell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL