The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT resources (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ruiefe
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon
131 Posts

Profile of ruiefe
What books and videos (maybe tricks) would you recommend me, about working with a TT-handling and tricks.

I don't know if this is the right place to put the question... sorry if it's not

Thank you
Rui Fernandes
Rui Fernandes
"Carpe diem" - Horatius
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Get Patrick Page's video on TT stuff.

There are many routines with the TT and lots of novel moves that will fool you.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
Many have recommended "Darwin's 101 tricks with a TT." Just don't order it from Tannen's right now: I ordered a copy about two months ago, and have yet to see it.
eric2104
View Profile
New user
saint-martin (French West Indies)
87 Posts

Profile of eric2104
Hi Ruiefe

Since you are Portuguese, you may speak French. If that's the case, check Gaetan Bloom's video on the TT, distributed by Dominique Duvivier. It's a great tape, with very good tricks, and good advice regarding the use of the clever device...

Hope this helps.
Eric.
Smile
"All magic is mental"
Tony Shiels.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Gary Darwin TT stuff rocks! And you can't go wrong with something from Patrick Page.
ruiefe
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon
131 Posts

Profile of ruiefe
Thank you for your input.
I have a video taped lecture of Salvano doing a silk through handkerchief. The first time I saw it, he fooled me with his moves. He uses TT in his very own way and you see his hands always clean.
Eric. In fact, je parle, je lis et j'écris in French - it used to be my profession!
Does Dominique Duvivier have a site?
Thank you all
Rui Fernandes
Rui Fernandes
"Carpe diem" - Horatius
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
Darwin wrote a few books on the TT. They are very inexpensive and will provide you with ideas you haven't thought of.
There is a video, 25 tricks with TT's also very inexpensive.
Kevin James has a set of videos called Rules of Thumb, you may consider. I have not seen them so I can not tell you if they are any good.
I recommend Darwin's 101 tricks with TT. It will help you think up your own ideas.
ruiefe
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon
131 Posts

Profile of ruiefe
All the resources you listed and that I considered buying are available from most magic dealers.
There is only one I can't seem to find - it's Gaetan Bloom's video.
I haven't found a Dominique Duvivier site or contact nor the video of Gaetan Bloom (the ones I see are "Tales from another ..."
Eric, can you point me in the right direction?
Thank you
Rui Fernandes
"Carpe diem" - Horatius
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Smile I got a copy of Darwin's (GREAT) book at Tannen's.. I think it was one of the last too.. Smile
But yes, great book. OH and BTW, did you guys know you can float "stuff" with a TT? Smile
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
I haven't delved into the use of TT's yet -- in fact, I haven't even purchased one, I am curious as to what the difference is between soft and hard (application-wise), what your preferences are and why -- and basically, what are the really *good* ones.

I'm limited to ordering online, since I unfortunately have no magic shops in my area and I'd just like to get into this and not buy anything useless & cheezy if you know what I mean. Smile Thanks for all the great info.
Smile
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
ruiefe
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon
131 Posts

Profile of ruiefe
I prefer the soft ones. I feel more comfortable with them. I don't know if this is the case with all the soft TT but the ones I buy can be "shaped" to fit you with some warm water.
Unfortunately I can't tell the brand because most of them have no package when I go to the shop. Sorry
Rui Fernandes
"Carpe diem" - Horatius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT resources (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL