The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Head Twister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
What is the best head twister in the market? I am referring to the head box twister and not the body twister. Is this an effective illusion by itself?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
We have an Abbott's version. It's very colorful, has a great cranking sound, and seems to have a better design for making the assistance head turning easier to maneuver.
From the audience perspective, it looks more realistic also.
I used to have a Mac Magic version...at least that's what I think it was ....and the assistant would scrape their face trying to do the moves.
The only drawback on the Abbott's is its size. Bulky and difficult to hold stable at first.
I'm curious as to other's experiences with this type of prop.
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Do you need an assistant for the head twister? Or can a volunteer do it on you?
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 08:28, JohnCressman wrote:
Do you need an assistant for the head twister? Or can a volunteer do it on you?

yes you need an assistant
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Darn! It'd make a great comedy illusion for my kid's show!
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
John,
It would be an absolute riot if the kid had never been in it before.
But....I don't think that's the kind of comedy you'd be after.
Funny thought, though.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
You DO NOT need an assistant for this trick, just a head the right size for the box and a little coordination. I have the Mak magic head twister and I use it on myself, kinda difficult to do at first, but once you get the hang of it...

I use it after passing a rope thru my neck (Tenkai version) and it always gets a very good response. I hear a lot of "oh my gawds", "that's cool" and "whoa's", aslo it gets a lot of laughs. The paint job is the best I've seen on a Mak Magic product.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I know this doesn't really answer the question, however the BEST I've seen was a full BODY TWISTER (with head)with NO assistants. Just a one person illusion. Very cool indeed. Magician performed it on himself.
Paul
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
I was once ask to do an impromptu show where I didn't have my props. I made a head twister out of two paper bags, one white, one brown. The white one on the inside with lines on it to show the movement while holding the brown one on the outside still. Both bags had a hole cut in them to see my face. Huge response, even from an attending magician who had just spent hundreds of dollers on a good one.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
You can use the head twister with an audience member and little bit of advanced practice. All I do is put two yellow happy face stickers on top of the unit. One sticker is on the hand crank and the other is on the actual box. When the two stickers are lined up, this is the position where my head is facing forward. I simply show the child how to turn the crank and point out the stickers.

I tell him to turn the crank slowly to the right two full turns, making sure the stickers line up at the end. Then, when I tell him to, he is to turn the crank slowly two full turns to the left, again making sure the stickers line up at the end.

With a slightly older child turning the crank, this is not a problem, but you do need to be very careful in picking the right volunteer for this trick. If you want to further eliminate the risk, you can have an adult help out for this trick.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Andrew Mayne also has a very cheap and easy to build head twister effect using just a towel.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Chalet makes the best head twister.
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Is the head twister a prop we can call an Illusion?...I mean can we sell or bill it as an illusion in our acts...

In Manila...we sell our act based on the number of illusions performed.

Thanks

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I have a nice one that is for sale: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......76&3

Please PM if interested. Pics available.

Dan.
newsmaya
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of newsmaya
Head twister is good stage effect , I had in one head twister their is magician showsback side hair while revolving a box
NEWSMAYA
MAGIC MAGAZINE FROM INDIA

newsmaya@yahoo.com
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
579 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I've mounted an electric drill on the side of my head twister and mounted a chrome bicycle sprocket where the crank was. All I need to do now is fit the bicycle chain to it and it'll be ready to go...my one-man head twister. (I know it's been done before, but no one is marketing these so I made my own)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Head Twister (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL