The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Is Magic Café a shopping channel? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Semaphora
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Semaphora
Do you think the Café here is about shopping?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Not at all.

Once you've been here a while, you'll discover other areas become available to you where members can buy and sell items among themselves.

This is a great site for opinions on what's good and what's not, but if your only purpose in joining is to ask "What should I buy?" then you're missing out on the real value of the Café.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Out of all the things that cross my mind when I think of the Café..shopping isn't one of them...

what do you mean? what made you write that as your second post?
kent
View Profile
New user
Victoria,BC
44 Posts

Profile of kent
If anything, I've found the Café helps in what *not* to buy!

Even though you're not able to get to all the areas of the site Semaphora (don't worry, I can't either), you'll find that being able to tap into the collected experience of 1000s of magicians world wide is priceless!

Reviews, routines, ideas, news, stories, jokes, gossip ... all here! no time to shop!
Gluestick
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Gluestick
I wrote that as my second post after watching for a long time all the stuff that goes on here.
I've been a terrible lurker.I reckon it's a great place but I just wonder if between all the genuine talk about the joy of magic and ideas there are some who are more interested in swaying opinion in their own direction for personal gain & business reasons. Opinions are easily manipulated, and magicians maybe easy to influence

There are lots of ways people might operate on a forum like this. For example,
The Café could be seen as a marketing tool, rather than a forum for open debate and sharing of knowledge. Mind you if that is the case it's certainly not the majority of members who are like that.

I'm maybe too critical or wary & maybe just think people are out to get me. What do others think?
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I think your nuts LOL .

You mention the Café possibly being a marketing tool, I really have no problem with that, there is a special section where you can post about upcoming shows and lectures and %85 percent of the people have some sort of link in their signature, including me.

There is no perfect place and yes, I assume there might be some who wish to sway opinion, but that is the way life is. Don't let things like this take the enjoyment away.

Oh, Why would you think members are out to get you? What makes you feel this way?
Gluestick
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Gluestick
About being Nuts I expect you are right.
Why do I think that people are out to get me?

I don't particularly, but I do like watching human nature....and the Café in some respects is like a Zoo or a laboratory with very precise controls.

The Café is a great place. I just enjoy trying to work out all the different reasons why folks come in. As well as learn a lot about magic too

It is fun and I suspect all human life is here in microcosm, although not a substitute for the real thing.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I suspect that you've been a member for quite some time under another name.....?????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
More likely several different names. Consider the fact that the original post was by Semaphora and a later reply to a question directed to the original poster was made by Gluestick. I would say he forgot what screen name he was logged in with when he made the reply.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Lol taaaadaaaaa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Is Magic Café a shopping channel? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL