The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » How long does salt pour go for (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Hi people's - after heavy consideration I have decided to make my own Salt pour gimmick.

Very easy actually.

There has been lots of talk on how this gimmick holds more this holds less and this one holds a tea spoon more.

So how long really should it be in minutes

I counted in my head the Kozac one from the video and it was about a minute- which is OK I guess but I thought it would have been more.

So how long do most salt pours go for?

Cheers
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
ANSWER: However long the audience stays interested in watching you pour salt!
Some performers go 30 seconds some a Minute, others go for as long as 2 min. I will tell you depending on your personality and how the audience veiws YOU, will be the deciding factor as to how long you should pour. Another tip for you start out with 30 seconds and see how the audience handles it then try 1 minute if you can handle more try 1 min. and 15 seconds and keep going till you have found a period of time that give you as much bang as possible. hope this helps
chris
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Cool thanks
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
It just keeps going and going and going........
well you get the idea.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree with how long depends on your personality. 30 seconds can seem like an eternity if you don't present it properly.

You should check out this month's Linking Ring for Jeff Hobson's simple (and cheap) solution to the routine. Great thinking.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
R_B_C
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, Texas
65 Posts

Profile of R_B_C
I once saw a performer who started doing one hand card manipulations while the salt continued to pour from his left hand. The audience seem to gather the effect that a lot more salt was being produced than was actually there. It worked well in the act.
R_B_C
"If you can't convince them, confuse them." -Harry S. Truman
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On 2005-11-03 08:04, hugmagic wrote:
You should check out this month's Linking Ring for Jeff Hobson's simple (and cheap) solution to the routine. Great thinking.

Richard

I really need to get myself a subscribtion.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Mac,
You can't subscribe. You must be a member. I think one should belong to IBM and SAM just to get the magazines. The other stuff is a bonus.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

You can have a friend who is a member
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Our local market (Gelson's) has MORTON'S POPCORN SALT on the shelves. So it can't be that hard to find. I would guess bigger size packs might be available from Smart and Final as well.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have done it for 2 minutes with the audience breaking out in applause in the middle and again at the end. You have to sell the effect as with any magic effect.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Until they say "When."
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Forgive my ignorance

Popcorn Salt is finer and takes longer to pour out- right.

I'm sorry for my stupidity- I've just got a lot on my mind at the moment.

I'm actually using the pump you get with the Ultra Smoke 2000- you know the one under your arm.

it's small, thin, rubber, I've blocked off one end and it pours out the other.
I'm using the Insta salt I think it's called- the one which doesn't pour salt out.

and I do (or am working on a topit at the end to get rid off the gimik)

NEW QUESTION
The other gimiks on the market----can you topit them or are they just too BIG and make your coat move as you toss becasue I'd like to actually pur in the salt like Fred Kaps and Kozak

cheers
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
I topit Kozaks gimmick, I suppose my coat moves a little but I chnage my body position so no one notices. Cant say about any of the others.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Anything will make the coat move if you don't topit it properly, Kozak's gimmick is pretty heavy and will definitely make things move. Paul Fox Gimmicks were aluminum and would not be as bad.

Since I just put it into my pocket as I get a hanky to clean off the last grains, it is not a problem.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
It is a very large gimmick in my perspective, but it can be succesfully ditched in almost any situation with any method. The great part is the all around technique enabled by the features for the thumb clip!

-Jared
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Are you talking about the Kozak one
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The thumb clip method was also possible with the Paul Fox and Pressley Guitar models. The Paul Fox was a little harder to tip out but the Pressley Guitar acts exactly like the kozak except a little smaller.

One tip I just found today in some old lecture notes by Al Delage. Add a little talcum powder in with the salt to make it show up better. Haven't tried it but it should work if you watch the humidity.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Where do you get the Paul Fox Gimmick?

And what one did Fred Kaps use as he seems to steal it with his middle finger and not his thumb.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Paul Fox gimmicks have not been made in years. Sometimes, they show up on eBay.

I am not sure of Fred Kaps's gimmick but it might be a finger tip or tube which would explain the finger cop out move.

Also check out the Jeff Hobson routine. Simple and cheap.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » How long does salt pour go for (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL