The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Matchstick/Toothpick pulse trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Azza7777
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Azza7777
Quote:
On 2005-08-17 21:51, weepinwil wrote:
My favorite impromptu effect is the toothpick pulse trick. I use it often at restaurants. You hold a tooth pick in one hand and lay a tooth pick across it. The toothpick jumps at your pulse rate. Only requires two regular toothpicks. Packs small and plays big. I like to use 4 toothpicks and give the other pair to the spectator to try while I do the effect.

I know this is a very old trick but was wondering if their are any sources that I can learn this trick from whether it be with a toothpick or a match stick I'm not fussed. Thanks in advance.

-Aaron
-Aaron
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You can find this written in the book "Magic For Dummies" by David Pogue. It is called (in this book) "The Static-Electricity Test." The book can be found in most major bookstores.

This effect is a lot of fun, packs really small (props can be found anywhere) and plays BIG!!! Have fun with this one. I sure do.
Azza7777
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Azza7777
Thankyou very much for the reply I will almost certainly buy this book than Smile
If anybody else has any sources such as a video/dvd source it would also be appreciated. Once again thanks heaps mrunge.
-Aaron
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
It's also in Lewis Ganson's "The Art of Close-Up Magic Vol.1", which is a great book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Matchstick/Toothpick pulse trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL