The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any musicians? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Any of you guys play an instrument?

I am always suprised how many magicians I meet also play music. So come on...any musicians here...

Seems we have an overactive creative side?

Luke Jermay.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Ex. pro. pianist/organist. Smile
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Guitar, saxophone, piano, violin. All with varying degrees of success. I am reasonable with the guitar, but the others I range from moderate to 'near dead tormented and highly strung cat with over-developed vocal organs.'
I have been in a few local musicals.
I agree that we tend to have an overactive creative side.
I think most of us have an insatiable desire to be performing in front of people too.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
Used to play piano...but I still now play the trumpet. Also played tuba for a while just for kicks - that was fun. Can still play it now probably if I tried.
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Picked up the electric guitar about a year ago. BB King style blues is what I'm workin' on.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Graduated from the High School of Music and Art in New York City, played classical and jazz flute and taught privately for many years. Also went to Julliard, but never graduated.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
The only instrument I still play regularly is guitar. I used to play electric bass with a couple bands through high school and university. I've also studied and am pretty good with piano and violin & viola. To a lesser degree, I also play flute, the bagpipes, recorder, and harmonica. AND in my gosh I like weird instruments collection, I have a jaw harp, nose flute, spin drum, kazoo, and who knows how many more.

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I play the piano fairly well, the guitar to a decent degree, and I'm just learning the Sax. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm sure enjoying it.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
I am only 14 and play the violin like an adult (if I may say so myself). I just kicked butt in a competition in London and won first place by 14 gazillion miles.

I also sometimes pick up a good electric guitar and play a little thrash metal.

Wow. Reading this, you guys must think I'm a psycho Smile

Florian Smile
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Used to play drums way back when....

Still find myself tapping my fingers in rhythm. Smile
jeline
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore
150 Posts

Profile of jeline
I play guitar (jazz, blues & folk). In fact, I make more money now playing guitar. I end up doing close-up in between sets. Smile
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I play guitar - in fact, playing guitar and singing was my main hobby/semi-pro activity till magic took over. The nice thing about magic is you can do it solo, so no sharing gig money with other band members! Also, no hauling amplifiers in and out of venues etc. Not doing much musically now, just for fun and relaxation at home. Still enjoy the odd self-indulgent binge of songwriting and home recording. Magic has definitely taken over...
Ben Simon
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Ben Simon
I play the trumpet.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Piano / keyboard, got a guitar last year but due to magic fatigue have never realy had a chance to pick it up pluck it, also have a harmonica (same predicament as guitar)
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
I have been playing piano for about 9 years of my 14 year old life. I am 1st trumpet at school and I play drums during church. I also play xylophone, handbells.
My mom opposes me doing magic because I practice magic instead of piano most of the time Smile But my dad loves me doing magic for him so he stands up for me.
Jack Of Hearts!
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
I play electric bass guitar. It's so much fun. IMHO, playing an instument is a great hobby.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
I play the guitar (rock, blues etc.)
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I played violin from age 10 until I was 16. I switched to guitar when I was about 17 years old and have been playing for almost 20 years. Music is still my first love.

I am a hard rock fan (primarily 70's hard rock).
ME
Proudmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Proudmagic
Actually, I'm much more of a musician than magician. Until I opened up my graphics studio, I was a full time musician and play guitar, bass, drums and keyboards. I also used to play a bit of saxophone. I've been a part time technician (sound, lights) for a REAL magician for over 20 years, a very good friend of mine, and have developped an interest in the field. Watching him very carefully and listening closely to his instruction, I figure I'll be a good close-up magician in no time...say about 10 years.
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
I've been playing the Trumpet for 3 years, and the fiddle for 2. Wow, this is amazing. There seems to be quite the link between magicians, and musicians. It must use the same part of the brain or something.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any musicians? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL