The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Paul Curry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jgarcialopez
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jgarcialopez
Hi everybody!!!

I´d like to know which were the books written by Paul Curry, a fantastic magician, creator of the marvelous "Out of this world"

Anyone can help me???

Thank you very much.

Regards
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2020 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I know of four that I have and they are,
1 - Magicians Magic
2 - Paul Curry Presents
3 - Select Secrets
4 - Worlds Beyond ( Get this one )

May be more if you find them, buy them as Paul Curry was a genius in this field..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Thanks Rennie. I don't have any of Paul Curry's stuff, but his Out of this World card trick is tremedous. If his other stuff is half as good it will be worth it.

Craig
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
433 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Curry published, copyright 1975, a booklet entitled "Out of This World -- and Beyond," in which he included what he thought were the very best of the MANY variations on "Out of This World" that had appeared by that time. I treasure my copy of that booklet. I don't know if it is still available, though a lot of Curry's thoughts on OOTW can be found in other books. There are books with that same title advertised in some places, but I don't know if it's the same booklet I have.

I also have a book of his called "Special Effects," copyright 1977, with some interesting stuff in it.

"Magician's Magic" is now available in paperback reprint from Dover.
bik0z
View Profile
Regular user
France
108 Posts

Profile of bik0z
Sorry to dig up this "old" thread but Paul curry's original 3-page booklet (1942) can be found here for $4 (eBook):

http://www.lybrary.com/this-world-p-7610.html

For an impromptu version, I suggest that you check Ulysses Frederick Grant's "Nu Way Out Of This World". As far as I know, it is very similar to Harry Lorayne's version :

http://www.lybrary.com/this-world-p-3146.html
My English sucks, I know it. It's probably better than your French anyway...
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I'd like Paul Curry stuff. I read Magician's Magic which I got from the public library so I don't own that copy. I wish I did. I have The Out of This World and Out of This World Beyond. I don't have my original Out of this World so I don't remember too much about the copy. But I do remember it was a pamphlet I bought at a magic shop because I loved that trick and wanted to do it.

I saw Doug Henning do it on television and wanted it. When I found out it was called Out of This World, I bought it. I later read it in the Magician's Magic where he described performing this for Winston Churchill.

I later bought the Out of This World and Beyond. I also bought his Sliding Knot that he created for Doug Henning. I bought it and a closeline reel, but never performed it as it needed two assistants. That's why I was jazzed about buying Pavels Sliding Knot until I had difficulties with the snaps coming off during the performance.

Paul Curry was a great thinker.
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
171 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
I heard there is a book called Best Of All Worlds coming out later this year with a TON of Out of this world material...
bik0z
View Profile
Regular user
France
108 Posts

Profile of bik0z
Canadian Guy:

Would you elaborate, please?
My English sucks, I know it. It's probably better than your French anyway...
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
171 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
This book in coming soon...after summer 2009
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2020 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2009-03-29 02:11, Canadian Guy wrote:
I heard there is a book called Best Of All Worlds coming out later this year with a TON of Out of this world material...

Who is going to write and publish this book ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
It looks like Magician's Magic has been reprinted in paperback. Pick it up before it gets discontinued again.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
It looks like Dover is putting it out and I think it's about $14 to $15.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
According to the Dover Books web site, Magician's Magic is $7.48. That may be a closeout price, though.

This does not answer the other question as to who is putting out the other book.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Paul Curry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL