The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is your "day job?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4014 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Missionary with a church planting organization. Working in Ukraine, Venezuela and Panama next year.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
werton
View Profile
New user
atlanta
65 Posts

Profile of werton
I make soap...
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Quote:
On 2005-11-03 21:28, baskitboy5 wrote:
High school student Smile ...boring

I bet a lot of us would trade to go back to what you have.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
R.V. Dealership.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Management consultant and teacher (finance, mathematics, risk management).
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I work in 3 Magic Shops (all same owner) here in Branson, Missouri for 40 hours a week...

Entertain on the side (B-Day shows, Baseball Games, etc.).

Teach Juggling.

Was an actor in a play for 6 months this season.

Working on some arts and craft projects for next season.

And anything else that will bring in some $$.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Student; Teaching assistant, program advisor, product manager, DJ, research assistant, graphic designer and magician.

Sadly ALL at the same time.
Logic Defied
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
At one time or another I have been, among other things, a bank clerk, factory worker, psychotherapist, professional poker player, legislator, magic shop proprietor, author, and psychology professor.

I am now in rehearsal for my next position. I have to learn to say, "Welcome to WalMart," with just the right inflection.
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 01:31, Professor Piper wrote:
I work in 3 Magic Shops (all same owner) here in Branson, Missouri for 40 hours a week...

Do you know Yak Williams? If you do, tell him that Benjamin and Ryan say hi. My kids know Yak from Bill Pitts' Cavalcade of Magic.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Quote:
Do you know Yak Williams? If you do, tell him that Benjamin and Ryan say hi. My kids know Yak from Bill Pitts' Cavalcade of Magic.

Margarette

Sure do know the Yak-ster...I'll tell him the kiddos say hi next time I see him...Probably this week actually.

Take care.

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Magician - only job I've ever had (except for six months a pizza hut age 14)
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
My day job is working in a bindery. If you live in the US or Canada there's a fair chance that some phone books, college catalogs or schedules, or game & fish rules and regs from your area were worked on by yours truly. On a busy day, with all the machines running, we crank out in the neighborhood of four or five hundred thousand books a day. Needless to say, we aren't popular with the spotted owl.

B.
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Repair commercial cooking equipment for restaurants, hospitals and schools. I can tell you where NOT to eat.
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
Drill Instructor for a prison boot camp. Motivational Speaker/Entertainer as my secondary job.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
For over 32 years I worked as a pressman in a printing company.
The company closed after failure to keep up with the times and a family dispute.
I also did web and graphic design on the side and still do.

For the past couple of years I've been working for a retail chain filling orders and coordinating deliveries among other things.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Bucks Digital Printing, partner. More than a day job.
Jaz....you should call me.
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
208 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Great post! It is fasinating to see the various backgrounds in this diverse field of Magic!

I have been in Sales for 20 years in the field of Telecomunications and Data Networks. I have also been a residential real estate investor (for retirement some day...) I enjoy selling my magical services as entertainment and motivation. I also enjoy selling the entertainment services of many of the local magicians in the Atlanta area.

In our local club we have in addition to a dozen full time performers, medical doctors, mortician, lawyers and a judge, ministers, financial planer, real estate agents, steel designers, math professors, students, pilots, TV producer, weather man... Wow! What wonderful diversity that magic has drawn together...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I WAS a typesetter/graphic artist. Currently I work as a sales clerk at Wal-Mart! This is going to impact my busking (if and when I ever get up the nerve to do it) as I have different days off each week and never Saturday or Sunday!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-11-07 13:26, mandrake01 wrote:
I WAS a typesetter/graphic artist. Currently I work as a sales clerk at Wal-Mart! This is going to impact my busking (if and when I ever get up the nerve to do it) as I have different days off each week and never Saturday or Sunday!

Wal-Mart rules.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
Jaz - Although the sigs and covers are already printed by the time I do my job, it was cool to see you used to run a press. What kind of stuff did your company do?

B.
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is your "day job?" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL