The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » NFL playoffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Eagles for sure, hey they even boo-ed Santa and threw garbage and snow balls at him, now that's a rough crowd. Im smart enough not to attend a philly/boys game.

Greenbay sounds great for seeing a game even if you are cheering for an oposing team, I'll have to mark that stadium as must go to the next time I can when the boys are playing there.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
On a crisp, sunny, autumn Sunday afternoon. It's pretty close to heaven on earth.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
The cowgirls play in Green Bay next season, no date yet.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for that Jeff, yeah the scheduels don't usually come out until summer. You spelt cowboys wrong though...Smile

On a side note, as nice as it is to watch a game in nice weather, I also enjoy watching some ball in an open stadium when is pouring rain or snowing etc., that's football!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Peter,

I was wrong the Packers host the NFC east division WINNER, no dates for the games yet just who they play and where. I hope it is the cowboys(girls) and I hope FARVE is still the QB.

What a game today 34-0!!!! THE PACKERS ARE BACK(8-1) AND WE BROUGHT A RUNNING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vandy and X-treme I want to go to a game with you guys because you ALWAYS pick games the PACKERS WIN.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-08-22 14:39, Al Angello wrote:
Vandy
It is good to know that you understand half the league is better than the Packers, and if they win 8 games it will be a great season.

This is a great thread. Go back and re-read it. Check out how Al jumped in talking smack. That's what makes it such a great thread.

"Great season" so far. Not sure what teams constitute the upper half of the league that is better than the Pack. I know one team for sure that wouldn't be in that upper half, by any standard. Since their record stinks and they lost to the Pack.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Im Irish and play Gaelic Football our national Sport here(actually I broke my leg two months ago playing a game and still in plaster...I feel your pain Peter!I like watching American Football.I love to go to a game sometime.For some reason I like the Eagles Smile I just thought I'd post.

I have a question after College football and for the players who don't make it to the NFL is there a palce where they can play ball?Like for example can they play for a local team where players of all standard compete against each other and have a few beers after.Is there such a thing?

Peter
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yes, There are semi-pro teams. As well as arena football and other pro leagues in Canada and, I believe, in Europe. My boss played pro football in Europe years ago for the Birmingham Barons or some such. I think it was in that World League of American Football. But there are local/regional semi pro leagues that guys play in.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks very much Randy!I always wondered if there were local teams and know I know Smile Always thought that it be a shame if after college that would be it unless you made it big.Thanks for the info!

Peter
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Pete,

I was looking for your website, one time, and typed in something like "Pete Carroll, Ireland" and found that. I had wondered if you were one and the same person.

multi-talented... nice!

Sean
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-08-22 14:39, Al Angello wrote:
Vandy
It is good to know that you understand half the league is better than the Packers, and if they win 8 games it will be a great season.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
What kind of season are the Packers having?
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 12:59, Big Jeff wrote:
What kind of season are the Packers having?

They are having an incredible season. They, like Dallas, are 10-1. If you like football, they are very fun to watch. Favre is playing out his mind. A classic season for a legend.

That being said, there is no way they can beat Dallas.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2007-11-12 11:09, Peter Carroll wrote:

I have a question after College football and for the players who don't make it to the NFL is there a palce where they can play ball?Like for example can they play for a local team where players of all standard compete against each other and have a few beers after.Is there such a thing?

Peter

Some of them come over to the good old United Kingdom and play in the BAFL (British American Footbal League) - www.bafl.org.uk

I play Defensive Line for the Chester Romans. Sadly, I support the Raiders and have done for 20 years.
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
Quote:
On 2007-11-12 11:09, Peter Carroll wrote:

Peter

Yeah there are other options in addition to what Salsa Dancer listed. The Arena Football league is a viable option for a lot of people. It's kind of like the minor leagues of the NFL. Kurt Warner, who won two super bowls, started his post-college career in the Arena Leagues.

Also, the Canadian Football League (CFL) is an option.

The problem with these options is they pay very little in comparison to the NFL.

Salsa, are you really on a team?
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2007-11-26 02:31, brainchild wrote:

Yeah there are other options in addition to what Salsa Dancer listed. The Arena Football league is a viable option for a lot of people. It's kind of like the minor leagues of the NFL. Kurt Warner, who won two super bowls, started his post-college career in the Arena Leagues.

Also, the Canadian Football League (CFL) is an option.

The problem with these options is they pay very little in comparison to the NFL.

Salsa, are you really on a team?

Yes I am. I started out as an Outside Linebacker and moved to the line as I got a little heavier. Had a poor season last year but the season before I won the 'Lineman of the Year' award. Sadly, the standard isn't the highest, probably lower college standard over there. I have played against an Ex-NFLe Tight End though and held my own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » NFL playoffs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL