The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Need help, performing for celebrities. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kan88
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kan88
Hey guys, well I need ur help in deciding a magic routine I should do to astound the celebrities I'm having dinner with. These guys are absolutely my favourite actors and I want to leave them spellbound. So if you can please tell me any routine you would highly recommend. Here are my pick:
Raven (Coin magic)
PK Pro kit m5 (coin and object mentalism trick)
Wild levitation + kings rising (levitation)
Card in mouth (card sleight)
waving aces trick (card sleight)
Floating card

I really want to learn the cap in bottle trick but I derno where to get it. Is there a dvd out for it?
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
Just use what you are most comfortable with. Trying to add somthing new that you haven't really put the time into won't impress anyone. The things you think are the easy and cute, like sponge ball, work great with celebrities. Usually the focus is on them, it is nice for them to get to focus on what you are doing instead. Do somthing quick, but stop after a few. Leave them wanting more.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
As mrmystic said , do some tricks that you feel omfortable performing. use some interesting story lines. use your imagination. stay loose!!! force yourself to be loose and pretend they are just ordinary people(which they are).
I performed once for a celebritie. I had nerves going on and my hands were shaking a little. I just slowed everything down. if you are comfortable with what you do then you can and should do it slow and smooth.

good luck!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Great advice. I am doing walk around for some celebs as well next week.
I well remember to make them feel comfortable.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Personally I feel you rely too much on gimicks. Problem is when angles are wrong and if you DO get caught, then you are thought of as a guy with toys that don't work. If you get busted with slight hand it is not quite as bad. You still get credit for the ability.

I would have recomended learning actual slight of hand to wow people with. Barring that because of the time constraint, just do what you do best, and are most comfortable with.

Posted: Nov 3, 2005 1:17pm
Oh and celebrities are people. Period. No different than anyone else. Usually what wows people it follows that it wows celibrities. Just because they are famous does not change the criteria for good magic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Just do whatever you feel most confident...even if it isn't the most amazing effect, if you master it with good presentation...youll do well
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Just out of curiosity, what celebs are you preforming for??

o.0
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Lol...didnt wanna be rude...but since you asked...jk...if you don't wanna share that's cool
kan88
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kan88
I'm performing for these guys, http://www.stargateatlantis.com
The cast that is, not all of them, I'll be having dinner with them tonight
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Oh my!

No comment.......(unless I become rude)
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of glatner
Didn't you say celebreties?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
What are we talking about?
kan88
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kan88
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 21:20, glatner wrote:
Didn't you say celebreties?

Yes I said celebrities, just because you don't know them doesn't mean they're not celebrities, half of china doesn't know who Tom Cruise is does that make him less of a celebrity? If they're on television making hit show or on the big screen then they're considered celebrities.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Why should there be a difference between performing for celebrities and non-celebrities?
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Speaking of Tom Cruise, I live near Toledo Ohio, where rumor has it they will be having the wedding (Katie Holmes is from Here), wonder if they need a magician for the reception. HMMMMMMMMMM.

That would be a sweet booking.
kan88
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kan88
Quote:
On 2005-11-05 23:35, Alex Linian wrote:
Why should there be a difference between performing for celebrities and non-celebrities?

I agree, however celebrities always get the spotlight, if you show your magic as a performer and amaze them they will think it's time they step aside. Besides celebrities get crazy reactions from fans, just do a little magic to a celebrity and they will give you a crazy reaction!
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
When I'm going to perform for someone "special", I ussually work on my performance skills.

What would be the difference between you and a layman buying a trick to show at a special occasion?
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I really think every audience be it celeb or just a great audience should be handled the same way. Your best is and always should required for any audience. I would suggest working hard on your performance skills for any show.

Jeff K
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I too agree that you are a bit gimmick heavy. A nice coins across or ring and rope routine are always good choices. You could do Sankeys stirring silver effect, then coins through table if you are having dinner with them. Good luck.

Xander
do magic

www.8bom.net
johnnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of johnnymagic
Get the coin in the bottle instead of the cap in bottle
Out of all the magicians I know, you're one of 'em...

www.johnnymagicmemphis.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Need help, performing for celebrities. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL