The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The strangest magic show you ever saw... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I tried to post this in "What Happened Was This" and got a rap on the knuckles for posting in the wrong forum.

What is the strangest and most weird magic act you have ever seen?
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Kohl & Company at the 2005 Ring 50 Magi-Whirl. They are so positivly acclaimed for having such a great magic show. I personally think its aweful. Their whole show pretty much revolves around the worst things that could possibly happen in a magic show. The comedy sucked, the magic sucked, and it was all just plain weird. The comedy hit hard with the laymen, but it was all pretty much a giant inside joke for magicians.
Just my 2 cents, and I don't mean to offend anyone that likes Kohl and Co. or anyone involed with them.
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
So that was bad weird not good weird?
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Stuart & Barry (Dirty Tricks) pulled a live rabbit out of a woman's vagina on UK TV last week.

Was pretty weird.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Geez! I don't think they would show that in the USA. We are a bit prudish in the Colonies, now aren't we?
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
James- ACTUALLY out of her? or just the illusion?

Mary Toft used to do it for real! She wasn't a magician but she was sick! http://skepdic.com/toft.html
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of James Houston
It was a trick, they said that they'd do the classic of pulling a rabbit from a hat... and asked for the hat - when a girl got onstage, took off everything from the waist down (kept her back to the camera, so you didn't see anything) got on a table, spread her legs, and they got an audience member to check that situation - make sure there was no trap doors or anything.
Then Barry took a stance, and pulled a rabbit (it was a trick) from there.
They mentioned Mary Toft in the act.
It was.. different.

Remember Copperfield was going to impregnate a girl live on stage?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Weirdest Magic show I have seen... well can't top the rabbit. But, it was at a Dinner theatre show in San Fran. Probably the strangest thing was that we paid for it.

No the weird part was that we paid ALOT for it.

And the show consisted of... well, some smoke.

Wish I could remember the place. Ok, perhaps I am glad I can't.

The old Mansion that it was held in was cool though.

John
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Im sure if some people saw Dr. Magic years ago theyd have a story to tell
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Years ago I saw an act in which the performers had large cloth bags into which they would step, pull the bags up over their heads and immediately drop them. They changed places a la Metamorphosis, but without the trunk, and similar things. As I remember, at one point one performer vanished from her bag and reappeared within the bag with another performer. The interesting thing is that it was presented as a dance, not as illusion, and it was performed on a bare stage. I'm still scratching my head!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I think I can top those...

I recently saw La Clique a sideshow burlesque show that travels the world.

One of the acts was a woman who walked on stage in a woman's business outfit. Whilst the music played she vanished a silk into her hand and then pulled it from her jacket pocket....she then removed the jacket. She vanished it a second time and this time it appeared in her skirt....so she removed that too. Left in a bra and underpants, she vanished it again, into bra (off that went) and then into her panties! (then went too)

She finishes the act, standing bucked naked in the middle of stage and once more vanishes the silk only to produce from her between her legs!

I think we all know the method and YES she really did put it in there!

The best part was she has a huge grin on her face the whole time which made it more fun then sexy.

Wonderful act!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 10:50, James Houston wrote:
It was a trick, they said that they'd do the classic of pulling a rabbit from a hat... and asked for the hat - when a girl got onstage, took off everything from the waist down (kept her back to the camera, so you didn't see anything) got on a table, spread her legs, and they got an audience member to check that situation - make sure there was no trap doors or anything.
Then Barry took a stance, and pulled a rabbit (it was a trick) from there.
They mentioned Mary Toft in the act.
It was.. different.

Remember Copperfield was going to impregnate a girl live on stage?

Yeah, whatever came of that? Did it ever transpire?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Yes, David now does that in his show, the comedy in that is very strange. He seems to of adapted a new style of comedy that, well can be very bizzare.

Best Wishes
Matt Colman
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
581 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
For those who may not have heard of or seen Kohl and Co. They performed at the MCATU convention in Peabody, MA, two years ago and I have never see anything funnier. I laughed so hard I was crying. I had to come up for air. From start to finish they had me in stiches. It was the most enjoyable magic show I ever saw.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
So, how does this "impregnating" thing go? Does he give her an ept test or something? Does she pee in a jar on stage to "prove" her pregnancy? I can't imagine how something like this can be confirmed for an audience.
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
I saw Copperfield do his pregnancy routine my, wife was nearly hit in the head by a pickle. it was strangly funny
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I'd have thought that James Houston's post would have left you (us) all speachless. End of string (how do you top that one??). Smile
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Part of the Act, this magician acted like he was in real pain, hardly can talk. Ask a spectator to pick a card and he will try to find it. Every attempt he tried it was the wrong card, he would get more and more in pain, then he passed out, then there was a knife in his back, with a card, which was the choosen card.
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
In David's impregnation effect, they use ultrasound to make sure that it happens. That's all I'm going to say Smile
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I saw Harry Blackstone Jr. turn in to a grocery store. (I was behind him, driving my car in Colon). I turned in to the grocery store, too.

Strangest magic show I ever saw was can't be described here in detail - let's just say it featured a "cut and restored" something that rhymes with cleanness.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The strangest magic show you ever saw... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL