The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prediction Boards: Single-Slates vs. Mental Epic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I would be interested in comments and insights that make comparisons between Mental Epic type boards and single-slate prediction-type boards (slate boards that have the capacity to make one , two or even three predictions in a row on the same single piece of slate).

The Ultra Board and Killer Epic each seem to be at the top of their game, in terms of highest quality materials and most ingenious methods used, for a "board" (not boring) effect. Perhaps there are others oon the market that I am not aware of.

When either type of board is used and performed by a skilled entertainer, does anyone have input as to whether one type of board might create a stronger impact on the lay audience, over the other (ie. single slate vs. Mental Epic type slate with three separate panels)?

A word of caution to all those that wish to contribute to this thread... please do not begin to "put down or knock" one product over the other. Instead, simply voice your objective analysis of the two different (yet similar) effects and their potential to impact on their audience as a miracle or mystery. Or share your own personal, real-life experiences.

Many thanks.

Another, somewhat related question is if Dry earase type boards (ie. Killer Epic) might have a tendency to reflect glare into the eyes of the audience (especially those at the back of the room)? To nullify this problem, do the stage lights have to be set and tested pre-show?

I understand that slate boards are not as vulnerable to glare.

I look forward to all thoughtful responses and objective advise, as I am considering to purchase this type of effect in the very near future, and am not sure yet which way to go. In all likelihood it will comne down to a matter of personal style and presentation.

Still, I seek input based on personal experiences using this type of effect in front of live corporate audiences.

Sincerely,
Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Jonathan,

I believe you may be in the wrong forum.
This is where you post a review about effects.
Perhaps you should post this in "Penny for your thoughts"

At the top of your post is an icon "report this post" which allows you to ask someone to move it for you. They may even have a better idea on where it belongs.
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks Kipp, I have followed your advise.

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
After viewing Richard Osterlind's latest superb instructional/performance DVD on the Ultra Board Slate, and seeing how direct and un-gimmicked this product appears to the lay audience, I have finally placed my order with Richard and Jim via their on-line store at: http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/products.htm

I now look forward to learning this effect and incorporating it into my show.

Jonathan

PS: Thank you Richard for offering your Ultra Board, and many of your other prized creations, to the larger magic community.
Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prediction Boards: Single-Slates vs. Mental Epic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL