The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mr. Browns "Devils Picturebook"... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
beerfordolphins
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of beerfordolphins
....is very soon to be available on DVD. Hopefully by the end of November and available from http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk

If you have not yet purchased a copy of the video......BUY IT!!!

If you have a copy of the video....BUY THE DVD...you KNOW that the video will eventually wear out!!!!

Seriously though, this is a very, very good piece of instructional material that not only delves into the technical aspects of the effects but has insight into how Derren applies misdirection and "pace" to compliment his beautifully contructed routines.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I am looking forward to this being available on DVD! I wonder if H&R will be handling this?

Sixx
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
I'm looking forward to this myself. Derren is truly skilled. Hopefully it will be at a fair price.

Thanks for letting us know.

BTW it's about time this is being released on DVD!
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Here's what I found out

From the main site:

We are currently in the process of releasing "Devil's Picturebook" on DVD and aim to have it available somewhere near the end of November.

The cost will be £35.00 (double DVD) therefore, upon release, remaining VHS versions will go down to £20.00, so you may want to wait until then before ordering.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
This is fantastic news, thanks for letting us know, I had the video a few years back, and somehow managed to lose it when I moved home.

I gave myself several kicks for that :-(
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
What is Devils Picture Book? What effects are included?
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Will this be region free or available for region 1?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 15:21, Tor Egil wrote:
What is Devils Picture Book? What effects are included?

Curious about that myself. I catn get the page to work right.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok got the site to work.....Im buying it. LOL
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Shikina
The Devil's Picture Book is the single most impressive demonstration of sleight of hand I've ever seen on video. And f.y.i.- I'm a highly picky person when it comes to videos and books and what not. Yes I've seen Lennart Green and I agree that he's amazing with cards as well. I just can't see myself really performing much of his material. This is different.

Before buying this video I did a search on the Café forum and was a little disappointed by the description of the effects. Seemed like a lot of pick a card type tricks and cards-under-box type stuff and frankly, neither one of those plots sounded intriguing to me after twelve years of doing card magic. I still chose to buy the video and I couldn't be happier. Mr. Brown's effects are direct, strong and likely to fool the pants off of even the advanced card worker. Note- you will need to have some "chops" if you wish to perform these tricks the way Derren does, but there has never been better motivation to train those fingers than watching this video. Oh, and if you've never seen Mr. Brown's mentalism work...I hope you're prepared to be destroyed.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2005-11-05 00:50, paisa23 wrote:
Ok got the site to work.....Im buying it. LOL

Ok quoting myself I am GETTING THIS!!!! ARGHH!!
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I would be more interested if he taught mentalism.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Tor, he does teach mentalism on there. It is essentially broken into two - the first is very direct, stunning card magic (where Derren shows his great skill with a deck of cards).

The second IS mentalism (with cards) - starting with mechanical methods (his take of OOTW etc) - in my opinion, his Extreme Mental Effort is one of the best mentalism card effects there is - it shows how mentalism is all about presentation. He then moves onto psychological effects, involving effects without the need for cards at all.

All in all a very, VERY good video. It is great for the effects, but it also nice to see Derren performing, and his humour also comes to the fore (Golly Highworth 'mincing around London at 3 in the morning... "he'll always be with you". Classic)

All in all, very highly recommended.

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Is ther word onwhen the actual release date is? Or even a preoorder I didn't get a chance to check thourghly.
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
I think it's kind of sad that this is coming to DVD. I'vre had the video for a while and never knew where it was set when I hit play - Meant I learnt in bits and always a suprise.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I would prefer for him to release a new book on his thoughts or more recent work on mentalism.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
Hasn't he done that already with 'Absolute magic'. The principles in that book apply as much to his current work as to his card magic.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Nope, absolute magic is NOT on his current work. According to Derren Brown himself, that book was written just before he left card work to go onto what he does now. He also admitted that its a totally different mindset when the book was written

Cheers
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
The Devils Picture book is now out on DVD. Just ordered mine Smile
barnos
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
59 Posts

Profile of barnos
Just a word of advice to all those watching it for the first time. ENJOY!! Derren is a great performer with excellent timing, framing and skill - his misdirection is second to none. Every detail is so well thought out that it will inspire people to work harder on their own routines.

I know it may be difficult for magicians, but try not to work out how its done the first time you watch it. I wish I could go back in time and not know the explainations. It fooled the pants off of me not because he is a great card worker (which he is) but because it is so beautifully executed.

I also wish I was as spontanously witty as he is... this guy has it all!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mr. Browns "Devils Picturebook"... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL