The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help me identify this magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hammiesink
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Hammiesink
Back during all the Fox Masked Magician stuff, there were a bunch of magic shows on TV. I remember one was a variety show featuring several different magicians, each doing a short routine. One stood out to me. I'm thinking it was a woman but I don't remember very well. He/she had a grey cloak with a hood, and his/her whole routine involved floating spheres. I believe they were lit from the inside. Awe-inspiring wire/thread work. And at the end he/she stood on one of the spheres and floated up toward the ceiling. I still remember it because it was so distinctive from the usual crates and cards routines. Does anybody know who this was?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5353 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The individual you are thinking of appeared on “The Worlds Greatest Magic III” hosted by John Ritter. She is a woman magician from Russia named Galina. And no she is not Charlotte Pendragon in disguise
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
That wasnt lite flight that she was doing was it?
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Ha- this made me chuckle. Lite flite is a miniature version. Lite Flight is a sphere one inch in width and diameter. It's very tiny. But good stage effect. I've used it only a handful of times. The one Galina uses is a more elaborate stage prop that not only is more expensive, but holds more than two pounds of weight! Unlike Lite Flight which works on a lighter principle. But Lite Flight does just that- it lights up the same! Really looks cool too.

Best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Hammiesink
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Hammiesink
I thought it was a cool routine. It inspired me to learn and master zombie. Which I'm still far from doing.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Well- if you like the Zombie: Melinda has a 'good' routine with it on the first World's Greatest Magic show. The only person I've seen do a good job with a Zombie ball is both General Grant and Al Schneider. Both of these guys actually put expression into it.

Best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
SOHA
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
178 Posts

Profile of SOHA
Hammiesink,

She only used one sphere and a long scarf. Why do remember there were more than that?
Hammiesink
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Hammiesink
Cause I have a crap memory, that's why. I would love to see that again. Anybody have a tape of it they could mail me? I'll pay shipping and tape costs...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help me identify this magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL