The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Invisible Elastic Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Hi all, i have Ammar thread videos. Yet i was wondering what anyone had to say on (can you make loops, and does it need to be painted black?) MAK Invisible Elastic Thread - single strand 200 ft. $10

Strongest Thread Made which is still INVISIBLE!

Stretches 6 times it's Length!
Supplied in 200 feet continuous spool, just take off what you need.
Float Objects!
Move Objects!
Very Strong!
Invisible!

Thanx!
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
It's a bit thick for loops.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
you can make invisble loops from womens panties as well. Wops, that should have been a big secret.
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Flip, can you explain what you mean?

Korttihai, I know..maybe I have the wrong panties (i only have one pair) but the loops I make off of that, while strong and invisible, are not nearly as elastic as the ones commericalized by Finn Jon. Hopefully the Ly%%% I've ordered (the one above) wont be too bad. Keep the knowledge flowing...

to the top
dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
Mister Hyde,

it's good thread. tying knots is pretty tough though. only way to find out is to try it. good luck.

dsnowmon
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
dsnowmon, i know of a much easier way to tie knots on IT..pm me if interested.
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
the book "who's afraid of invisible thread" is one of THE best resources for thread work.

And to Mr. Hyde. It would be wonderful and greatly appreciated if you would share your knot tying info.
You have to give it away to keep it.
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
I guess i can share it here.
Ok, in case anyone wasn't already doing this:
1.grab a wine bottle or any big bottle;
2.wrap the thread around it..so the thread is going from your left hand, to around the bottle, to your right hand;
3. now INSTEAD of trying to do a regular knot (like when you tie your shoes), grab both ends with the same hand and while using the other hand's finger as pivot, make a knot around it. Let me know if its not clear.

David, while having Ammar's tapes, i dont have LeClaire's book (i didnt buy it since most of the effects shared are the same). Care to share some info on accessing thread, privately if necessary?
CoinsFallUp
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
61 Posts

Profile of CoinsFallUp
The invisible elastic thread in question is a version of lycra created by the Dupont company. I remember seeing a big spool of it at a state fair one year in Virginia. Unfortunately I was unable to purchase any as the worker refused to sell.
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Ok i got the thing yesterday, and it aint bad at all. Its a bit thicker than finn jon's..or maybe that's because it is white as opposed to dark, thus reflecting more light/seeming thicker. We'll see..i'm going to paint it one of these days, not too hard to make your own loops..and ye, feel free to use superglue after tying the knot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Invisible Elastic Thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL