The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How about someone offering an Escrow service here? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I think a valuable service would be for someone here to act as an Escrow service between buyers and sellers when high priced items are sold. Someone here with a stellar reputation and extra time can have the seller send him/her the item, confirm with the buyer that the item is received, have the buyer send the money, and forward the item to the buyer. With paypal and Priority Mail, it's really not that big of a deal, I think.

I noticed that's how MagicAuction does it. A bit of a hassle, but it sure beats getting ripped off. Maybe the Escrow guy can get 10 percent (buyer and seller each pay 5 percent).

Anybody have thoughts on this? Would this work? "Escrow" might not be the right term, but I think you get the idea.

Ron
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
Great idea Ron! There are a lot of skeptical buyers with good reason. The Café here offers a valuable service by giving us the opportunity to share items we no longer need and it’s a shame that some folks scam others in the process. I would be more than glad to offer this service to anyone interested (just check my references here). Let's discuss further.
Bob
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's a great idea, but I'm not sure how many high dollar items change hands. Plus there's a lot of trading.

a good way is to exchange phone numbers, talk abotu it and also have legit e-mails addy's ( non yahoo or hotmail ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
This thread was moved to "I want to see the manager" but that's not my intent. The managers of this board have repeatedly said that this a "buyer beware" forum and I understood that. I'm not trying to persuade the management here to do anything, so this was really moved to an incorrect forum.

This is a solicitation/message to some member who may want to take this on, with no association to the Magic Café.

So, will you please move this to an appropriate forum?

Thanks for your consideration.

Ron Reid
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
I think that if there is a high priced itme being sold send it to the Magic auction. To ask someone to perform this task they are wanting to get some type of payment. Like Mabey a comission on the items sold. And That is what magic auction does...... Just my opinion.......
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Gentelmen,
You are correct, we (The Magic Café) are NOT ever involved with sales or trades, per our rules and policies regarding such transactions.
On the other hand, while I understand your good intentions for wanting an Escrow service, that's not going to happen here.
If folks want that kind of protection, I suggest they use Ebay or Magic Auction.
The minute someone begins to profit from each sale made in the trading area is the day the 'Let's Make a Magic Deal!' will be removed permanently.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How about someone offering an Escrow service here? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL