The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Which do you prefer for walk-around magic: the Jerry O'Connell wallet or Bob Kohler's Forbes Wallet? Thanks.

Nate
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
I have both. Both are well made quality wallets designed for professional (frequent) use.

I use the Jerry O'Connell wallet for one very important reason. I can load an envelope for the card to sealed envelope, but I don't have to use the envelope until I want to.

That means when I am strolling I can use card to wallet all night and when I get to the person who booked me or the VIP in the room, I can hit them with the card to sealed envelope.

With the Kohler wallet, there is only one way to load the card so you are forced to do the envelope the first time you use it.

Actually, if anyone is interested in buying a mint Kohler wallet, PM me!

Best,
James
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
It is hard to get anymore, but I prefer the Yigal Mesika card to wallet. I have been using it as my everyday wallet for about 7 years now (I am on my second one). They are well made and look nice for a long time. I own 3 brand new ones for when they wear out. It is just so clean.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Hi James,
Actually the wallet you're referring to is the Forbes Portfolio. It's design and release is from Michael Forbes.
The instructions for the Portfolio on the Inner Circle Forums show detailed instruction on how to make Michaels version of the totally sealed envelope. It's easy to use either the regular preparation or the totally sealed version at any time you wish. Just store both varieties in the wallet and load the one you want to use into the "chamber".
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Bob,

Apologies! I just checked...my second wallet is actually a Barry Price wallet. Sorry.

Best,
James
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use a Jerry O'Connell Basic Wallet. Because it has no reset and loads like a dream, I can't imagine using any other wallet for gigs when I'm wearing a jacket.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
There's a new Card To Wallet by Dick Barry that has a lot of folks here in high anticipation. Check out the postings under Tricks & Effects!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL