The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Video Tapes in card cheating techniques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fatih
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of fatih
Hi,
Please help me recommending the most easy to learn Video Tapes that teachs me almost all tricks that I can use to cheat in playing cards since there are many tapes for diff erent performers .

Thanx
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
<<<sigh>>>

There is no such thing as easy-to-learn card cheating techniques. These are some of the most difficult sleights that magicians ever bothers to learn. Developing a bottom deal that will pass muster may take two years or more. Some sleights, like the Allan Kennedy center deal can take several years to master.

If you are interested in learning these sleights to actually cheat at cards, I strongly recommend that you don't even think about it. The level of skill that it takes to do this is phenomenal. Things that will amaze people in a magic show could get your arms broken into tiny nuggets if you tried them at a card table. The people who have mastered these techniques spent years doing so, and usually under the tutelage of someone who has had experience at it.

If you are interested in giving off the impression that you are a master at card cheating, Vernon's Poker Deal, described on Johnny Thompson's Commercial Classics of Magic #2, or the poker deal described in Michael Ammar's Easy-to-Master Card Miracles tape #2 should do the trick.

Jim Morton
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
After much study of Martin Nash's videos...I've become somewhat proficient with tabled faros as well as second/center dealing. But I would NEVER try to pull this at a serious game. Like Jim mentioned above...its not fun and games where money is involved.

I play "spades" alot in my spare time. As a joke, I used faros to set the deck up so that one team would receive ALL the spades. Since all 52 cards are dealt at the beginning, it doesn't matter how they cut the deck....ONE of the teams will receive all the spades. It wasn't my team that got the cards....the END of my attempts at cheating.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10691 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
the best tapes out there in my opinion fouir volumes
by Steve Forte
Gambling Protection series

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Tilt
View Profile
Veteran user
L.A.
387 Posts

Profile of Tilt
I agree, there is no better then Steve Forte.

Tilt
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
679 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
I agree, too.
The Forte Tapes are no teaching tapes but exposé tapes but if you want to see the real thing that's where you should look.
Denis
PS: Entertainmant purposes only, of course... Smile
Deal A Deuce
View Profile
New user
Iowa
65 Posts

Profile of Deal A Deuce
Don't forget Gene Maze "king of the bottome deal" His tapes, (THE MAGIC OF) will enlighten. Also, get your hands on all of the John scarne literature available. PLUS! Darwin ortiz is the reigning expert on card cheats!

ooops I mean bottom (as opposed to BOTTOME)
JohnCollier
View Profile
New user
John Collier
49 Posts

Profile of JohnCollier
I enjoyed Simon Lovell's "How to swim with the sharks and not be eaten (Vol 1)." Bottom Deal, Second Deal, cooler decks, switches, partner play, cuts, ...

Great stuff.

John
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Although not so much a teaching tape, the one by Richard Turner (aka The Cheat) is well worth a watch. The production quality is excellent, and some unusual camera shots (e.g. filming a bottom deal from underneath a clear glass table) offer unusual perspectives on these moves.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everybody.
Is Ed Marlo's The Cardician and the Legend DVD good resources for learning advanced moves for poker games? I saw a demo and it looked very nice.
Any thoughts?
Thank You.
Michael
vernal
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vernal
I second the recommendation for Richard Turner's "The Cheat". If you liked the views from Shade this is a good tape - very scary if you're a card player.
"Finger-flinging has about as much relation to magic as a Jazz Band has to Music." - J.B. Bobo. (I don't agree with the jazz comparison, but I still think the quote is funny.)

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Talk about an old post
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Daryl, ackerman, bill Malone, and the best of the best Lennart Green !!! Smile
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
And we're back here again...the search function will reveal all...
tjo'
GuardT34
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of GuardT34
LOL ever since the movie "SHADE" came out, everyone wants to be a cheater now.

Like Jim Morton, a BIG "SIGH" here

And if you ever decide to cheat, you should already know how to come out even in whichever game your planning on busting, know the mathmatics in percentage edge play, pot odds , implied odds, the Slansky hand ranking system.

Read Phantoms of the card table, you'll hear a story about a bottom dealer that Scott mentions in the book, about he had the guts to cheat but he would always get cought before he warmed up the chair.

Also if you havent already read Doc's postings, and have the common sence to know that cheating at cards is NOT as glamourous as the movies make it out to be.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Follow the words of Scafidi....
Who is John Galt?
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
I agree with "JohnCollier". Simon Lovel videos are very good on card cheat.
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
If you want to learn the card technique, I recommend Daryl, Ackerman and Brad's card technique videos. Nash's The Charming Cheat series and Jack Carpenter's videos are also great.

Koji
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2004-08-02 23:32, Mesquita wrote:
I agree with "JohnCollier". Simon Lovel videos are very good on card cheat.

I sure hope you don't try that in a cash game...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
These guys gave you the best advice you can get so now get to work.

The Doctor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Video Tapes in card cheating techniques (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL