The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio Candle Plugs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I recently purchased a set of slightly used fantasio candles. 2 or 3 of them didn't have those little plugs on the bottom of them to hold the fluid and cotton inside. I knew this before hand and I got a great deal...

Anyway where could I get more of these plugs. Should I email Mr. Fantasio? I wonder if he has a big lot of these lying around somewhere...

Derek Merdinyan
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Definitely try to e-mail Fantasio. He may be able to provide you a replacement.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
A piece of wax also makes a good substitute. Also if you are familiar with reciept spikers, the little feet often have rubber ends on them. These little rubber ends come off easily and fit over the wick on a fantasio candle nice and snug, so that your lighter fluid does not evapourate. You are now also able to fill them way in advance before a show without worry that the fluid will evapourate. A very useful idea I came across years ago!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Townsend1
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Townsend1
Great idea Peter! Please elaberate though, I am not familiar with reciept spikers.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
E-mail Fantasio...
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Small cork plugs can be purchased at any hardware store. These only cost a few cents. They work well for the Fantasio Candles. Originally the Fantasio Candles did not come with plugs and the new designs from Fantasio will not fit the original openings. If you wanted to attach a silk to the tank, Fantasio suggested putting a loop of nylon fishing line between the metal tank and the plastic housing. This I found better then trying to thread the silk corner thru the small eyelet currently found in the new models. Also, the plugs in the new models are very hard to remove to fill the fluid. I replace them with corks for convenience.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Peter,

As Townsend said, please ellaborate on your tip. I am very well interested in this aswell. Refilling the candle every 24 hours puts you through a lot of lighter fluid.

-Vinnie
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Receipt spikers are used mainly by retail or restaurant establisments to put a bill of sale onto after a transaction is complete. Usually made from a steel rod, the rod is bent upright so that it looks like a nail or spike sticking straight up. The bills are then impaled onto the spike and collected at the end of a shift,

Most have three feet with small rubber caps on them so the spiker doesn't shift around. Any good office supply store should have these.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Thanks for the help Dave!

Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to store a Fantasio Vanishing Candle in a film canaster? Im pretty sure film canisters are smaller than the candle, but I would think you could find taller film canisters somewhere.. Do you guys think this would prevent the evaporation?

Thanks
-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio Candle Plugs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL