The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quarter through Soda Can Review(finally) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Isn't it great to actually hear a review instead of mindless dribble for 10,000 pages on this effect? The trick I am talking about is Wayne Houchin's effect named 'Quarter Through Soda Can' on the Criss Angel DVD series 'Masterminds' sold by Hocus-Pocus. Ok, here we go:

Paul Harris' 'Fizz Master' is known today as one of the greatest impromptu tricks of today. I do enjoy the effect, but I, along with many other people, have the issue of strength to make the fizz appear. I could never get it. I tried and I gave up.

It took 'Quarter through Soda' to make me see the light(can anyone tell me what song those lyrics I just said are from?). Quater through soda can no doubt proceed 'Fizz Master' as the ultimate impromptu effect.

What's that you say? Impromptu? YES!!! THIS IS 100% TOTALLY IMPROMPTU. Borrow the marker, borrow the coin, and borrow the can. Borrow everything! Another reason 'Quarter Through Soda Can' proceeds as the greatest impromptu effect is because it is EASY! No hard moves. It will take practice as Criss Angel says numerous times. But it 'is so easy, possibly just as easy as "Fizz Master', just a tad bit harder.

A slight problem is that you can't do this surrounded. You can be surrounded at the end when you show the coin to be in the can. The spectators can examine everything. They won't find slits in the can or anything. They can examine it all day and even take it home as a souvenir to put on their mantle. You can do this with all cans-soda or beer; though Wayne says to stay away from Bud Light. This is the closest effect I have come to that is real magic. As for the production values, they are great.

Wayne could have shown a little more enthusiasm. He was kinda hidden in his hat. But except for that, the explanation is clear and concise with cool camera angles. The price for this effect should be tripled. I am so confused as to why he would release this for only $30. This is a GEM! Guys seriously, this effect is amazing. I give this 10 out of 10 stars. THANK YOU SO MUCH WAYNE AND CRISS.

P.S. I am not someone working for Hocus-Pocus or anything like that. I am just a honest buyer trying to tell you guys why you should get this brilliant effect.
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Nine Inch Nails - Gave Up

what's my prize?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Thanks for the review!
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Correct Xtasy
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1916 Posts

Profile of tbaer
For your prize you will receive "killer red caps".
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2005-11-12 19:42, tbaer wrote:

That's torture. Smile

:kewl:
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:

dear god, no!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16987 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-11-13 07:29, Xtasy0 wrote:
Quote:

dear god, no!

OK then, how about Braco's Floating Ball? ... Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Now I'm curious about 'Fizz' lol.

Um I have a question, is it just me, or are the holes a different size here in Canada?

My quarter VERY easily falls out after. Sometimes when pouring the pop out even.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Try not to pull the tab all the way..just enough to pour..
The tab should keep the quarter from dropping out..
Don
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Ah, thanks
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Just watced it but ill try to give a full review tonight. But off the top of my head. Really Great..
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Think aboaut this (this will end my need for PMs)... you should NOT be able to pour the coin out. (acting) You need a pliers or a stick or something to ENLARGE the hole so you can get the quarter OUT.

THINK ABOUT THAT CONCEPT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
It will take a while to sink in, But I agree that it is a great alternative.
jodi6302x
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jodi6302x
Criss angels officeal website is really slow on shipping mine shipped out on November 9, 2005 and I haven't got it yet.Smile
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1131 Posts

Profile of APC
I used FedEx from Hanklees, which is in boston, as am I! and have not recieved it...im not worried...just wanting to watch it!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Give that thread a look if you have further questions. I hope it helps.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=60
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Quote:
On 2005-11-14 14:29, Pete Biro wrote:
you should NOT be able to pour the coin out. (acting) You need a pliers or a stick or something to ENLARGE the hole so you can get the quarter OUT.

Pete:

Great thinking! With your consent, I'd like to do that in my performances.

Thanks!

Bob
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Always glad to help... go for it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2005-11-14 14:29, Pete Biro wrote:
Think aboaut this (this will end my need for PMs)... you should NOT be able to pour the coin out. (acting) You need a pliers or a stick or something to ENLARGE the hole so you can get the quarter OUT.

THINK ABOUT THAT CONCEPT.

Oh, god no.

First off, it's readily apparent that a quarter easily fits into a wide-mouth can. That's why this trick is NOT coin into open soda can. The trick is coin to SEALED soda can.

If you start pretending the coin won't fit through the mouth of the can then you're changing the emphasis from "quarter into SEALED can" to "quarters don't fit into soda can holes." No matter how much you mangle a soda can top, it's still going to be obvious that a coin could fit into a normal can opening. Even if you destroy the top, the spectators will just compare the coin to another can's opening (where have you been where there's only ONE can of soda or beer?).

"Acting" as if a coin won't fit through the hole in a soda can doesn't make it so, and is so easily proven incorrect that it will only serve to weaken this great trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quarter through Soda Can Review(finally) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL