The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quarter through Soda Can Review(finally) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I'm not sure you are trying to convince them the coin is stuck in the can..

The whole routine is basically how the he.. did YOU get it in the can to begin with..
MHO,,
Don
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16989 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-11-28 17:52, magicman1 wrote:
I'm not sure you are trying to convince them the coin is stuck in the can..
The whole routine is basically how the he.. did YOU get it in the can to begin with..
MHO,,
Don

True, since they hear the coin in the can before it is opened...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
I belive this is one of the best impromptu miracles to come out in a looong time, one quick question to all you who perform this effect:

Do you tell your spectators what you are going to do before you borrow the coin/can?

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ Seattle
1054 Posts

Profile of Nash
I don't.
And when that coin "vanishes", I act surprise as if "oh.. no way, did you just see what I saw?" ... it becomes very apparent what has just happened.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate magician - Nash Fung
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Do not tell..
They figure it out quick enough and adds to the effect..
Don
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1059 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I have the DVD and am practicing this effect. Let me tell you, it is sooo much fun to practice these moves. It is not a chore at all.

For those who perform these and/or have the DVD, how come in Criss's performance clips and Wayne's demo on the DVD, they shake the coin out of the can to hand back to the spectator???? What's the rationale there?

Also, I think it's a good idea for the spectator to pour the soda out, but what if in the act of pouring out the soda, the coin drops out? I guess that's still dramatic as the effect is you got the quarter into the sealed soda can.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Just curious about this, but I just got my dvd in the mail today and it was signed by Criss Angel. Did anyone else get this? I was just wondering if it was just random ones that were signed, or if he signed the ones that were pre-ordered a long time ago, like mine.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
It appears to me that the use of pliers detracts from the concept of "impromtu". The magician has now introduced a piece of apparatus which did not come from a spectator. IMO, the strength of this routine is built on the awareness by the spectators that all of the objects (except for possibly the sharpie) came from them, and that nothing could be gimmicked.
Michaels
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I agree with Michaels, pliers takes away from the strength of the moment and leads to at minimum, some "preparedness" to the effect.

This is one of the greatest effects ever by the way. I had no idea how it was done until I watched the DVD.

Unfortunately, everyone will be doing it, and possibly revealing the secret, especially because of the TV exposure and youthful audience. Just my concern.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Just watched demo of sinful. Nice, very nice but the video gives away the whole method, so does it pass an audience?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Philippe, it might give away a method that you are wrong about!If you perform it properly [You will need to buy the DVD] it does pass an audience
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I'm not one for performing effects without buying(and I wont) but I also thought it was apparent after 2 watchings of the demo and some careful thinking... thank god laymen don't get to tape us and review the video multiple times!!!

Excellent effect that I'll be trying to get for X-mas, heh thank god its that time of the year!!!

Since watching I've been "testing" different cans and whatnot idly in my freetime, and you should check out cans of "Ski"(its a US based soda that is not in wide release but pretty good stuff).... It makes "phase 1" SO simple and you can actually do the reverse of what you normally would need to do(if it wasnt working) and it STILL works great and looks oh so impossible and completly invisible/silent....No other can of pepsi, coke, Mountain Dew ect that I've come across comes close.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I have this and have NO idea what you are saying..
Don
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Lol... I didn't want to tip anything. Think about what you would do to the can if you had problems with phase one(repositioning, ect). I'm saying that the features of this Ski soda can, allow you to actually move the opposite direction as that because of the design, allowing you to position the can in such a way that it would look impossible to do phase one, yet it still does work.(think downwards)

Hope this clarifies what I meant... basically its *really* *really* amazing good to work with the first phase(the vanish)
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I think too much has been revealed on this thread already, and, it is becoming more apparent that this will no longer be a secret to anyone. I am always concerned when techniques and the details of props are discussed on a thread which should be about the merits of an effect.

P.S. I also have no idea what he is talking about.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2623 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Just viewed the DVD this will take some time to get It smooth the thinking behind this effect Is very clever may be one of the best tricks of the year !
Tophatter
tonycrew
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of tonycrew
Anyone tried this in the UK.....? I have ordered this and as with a lot of other tricks I get there are problems with UK money from smaller Bank Notes (Bills in the USA) to different coin sizes...

Are UK cans different than USA cans..?
If in the UK you have to use certain cans then it won't be totally impromptu.... I don't want to give anything away but I roughly know how this trick works, but have ordered the DVD to get the exact handling sorted, but from what I have gathered by checking UK coins and cans we will be limited a lot in this effect.
How can i perform magic i have 10 thumbs..?
My wife says i'm addicted to cards and love them more than her... I say no i'm not my Queen of Diamonds you know you'll always be 1st in my Ace of Hearts...
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Quote:
On 2005-12-02 04:28, tonycrew wrote:
Anyone tried this in the UK.....? I have ordered this and as with a lot of other tricks I get there are problems with UK money from smaller Bank Notes (Bills in the USA) to different coin sizes...

Are UK cans different than USA cans..?
If in the UK you have to use certain cans then it won't be totally impromptu.... I don't want to give anything away but I roughly know how this trick works, but have ordered the DVD to get the exact handling sorted, but from what I have gathered by checking UK coins and cans we will be limited a lot in this effect.

Don't worry about the can, the secret to be able to perform this effect with any type of can, is the coin...
So if in doubt, just use another type of coin (you'll know when you receive the DVD).
-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I hear that the Diet Coke can is very good, 'can' anyone confirm this please? I have just ordered this effect.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1701 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I have tried Diet Coke and 7 UP cans and they both work fine. The 10p coin is fine for the ending but I found that a £1 coin works really well. The extra thickness adds something to the audible nature of the trick.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quarter through Soda Can Review(finally) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL