The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Remember, our doves are symbols of Peace. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Remember, our doves are symbols of PEACE. Anytime you use a dove, remember that in your hands is the worldwide accepted symbol for PEACE. Use it, even if all you do is sign "V" with your fingers after the production. I don't work with livestock but wouldn't it be great to see dove workers do this?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Pakar, nice peaceful thought, however, I don't think making a peace sign after a dove production really fits into most acts. It's something to think about though.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Slight misunderstanding here Dave. The peace sign is only one option. You could produce a silk banner with "Peace" written on it at the end of your production or whatever fits into your routine/persona, limited only to your own creativity. Just remember that the dove is a sign of peace, that's all.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
No misunderstanding. I realize the V was only an example. Like most things however, I think there is a time and a place and one would have to be very creative to make a gesture like this fit into their act. Since I do a very formal, sophisticated routine in a tuxedo, a peace symbol or banner etc just wouldn't fit. Someone doing a lighter type of act dressed casually and performing for the right type of audience may find it suitable.

Dave Smile
Where the magic begins
SpiffnikHopkins
View Profile
Regular user
Washington DC
135 Posts

Profile of SpiffnikHopkins
Dude, it's a nice thought but seriously... It's a magic show and the doves are a part of a show, not a lecture. Spreading love and peace to all the land is a different gig then magic is... I hope you get my drift, I'm try'n to soften what I'm saying but I hope I didn't just confuse you instead.

~Spiff
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Spiff: My sentiments as well. That's why I said there's a time and a place for everything. There's magic and there's demonstrations and it would be hard to mix them together. Now it might be a thought to develop an act using doves to promote peace. Maybe a school or church show would work.

Dave
Where the magic begins
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Doves a symbol of peace. Why is that? Mine try to tear each other's heads off if they're in the same cage.
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Just survival of the fitest I guess
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Stephen, sounds like you have a gender/territory problem.
Where the magic begins
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
You don't need to phisically point it out to the audience I once saw a guy do a dove act that's main theme was peace he did not have a banners with "Peace" on it no "v" signs the thing that did it was "Imagine" By John Lennon the magican did not actually say it was about peice but it was he did not use any obvious signals because he knew people would get it and it really worked people thought it was a wonderfull act remebering John Lennon and advocating peace.

Regards,

Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I agree, you don't need to physically show any sort of peace symbol. I got booked to do a fundrasier show with "Peace" as the theme, and they wanted me to do my dove act because doves are a sign of peace. My doves aren't even white and I guess my dove act isn't really a traditional dove act, its pretty alien to that concept, but it was the message and theme of the event that made it what it was. just my two cents...

sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I wanna see Lance Burton do such an act. Afterall it may be time for him to hangup the top hat and tails. Can you see it now? To Lennon's song "Imagine" wearing a Hippie bandana, tie-dyed clothes, bell bottom jeans, producing doves from sunburst neck scarves, and making peace signs high above his head, while whispering "peace..I love you all".

Uhm....actually no...never mind - the current act is perfect.

Smile
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
LOL haHhahahahahah
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
To Dave Scribner,

Yes. That is the exact problem. I have a male who won't tolerate other males at all. I like him though and use another male as well (his son). They are in separate cages, but I can't even take the two to a show in the same carrier without them going at it with wings and beaks within 10 seconds. I had not had this problem before. Now I just take separate carriers and make sure they aren't together.

Thanks for noticing. I've liked your postings and wish I had found them before.

Stephen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Remember, our doves are symbols of Peace. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL