The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Stage hypnosis demo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Sounds/looks fishy anyways I enjoyed the laughs...

http://www.gkko.com/funny-videos/551/hypnotized-chair-sex
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
Not my style but this stuff is amazing...
magicsavant
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
157 Posts

Profile of magicsavant
That is truly wild
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Interesting, but most hypnosis is.

Questionable, but most hynosis is.
The Doctor Knows.....
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
That's funny; I bet there are people think it's real!

Paolo Venturini
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Major Mark has a stage hypnosis course online. It is pretty good .. I purchased it. Stage hypnosis seems to work best with college students because they like to show off and do what the hypnosist asks of them.
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
Steve,

is Major Mark the guy from the video?

dan parker
MOJave
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MOJave
This is rediculous! How dare a performner stoop to ridiculing audience participants as he is not skilled enough to entertain without humiliating.

Its people like this that make it so difficult for performers to get active participation from audiences....

Idiot!
Be Entertained...
www.christopherbisset.com.au
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Also not my style but still pretty cool
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Y'know, it's this kind of thing that's causing some of us to LOSE work out here in the collegiate and high school markets. Idiots who don't know when sexually oriented material is appropriate (if ever) and who do that kind of stuff AT high school events are costing the rest of us market share!

I got a call from one agency's office last week, letting me know that the comapny lost two venues for EXACTLY that reason! Where do these guys keep their brains (if any)?!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I agree with you Lee.

I did a high school last year and the year before they booked a hypnotist out of Las Vegas to do a grad night. Well the hypnotist did the sex oriented material on a group of high school kids.

The next year I was booked and they were so shook up about the show I had to deal with the aftermath of last years show. It made it hard to get subject on the stage. Well I got through it and they enjoyed my show that is based on situation comedy rather than sex rated stupidity.

I have the same problem when the hypnotists come through and work the three local comedy clubs with the rated X shows. I am all for booking everything and making money but these guys have no idea how much they hurt the business. They should keep their x rated shows in the correct venues where that kind of entertainment is more acceptable. Like Las Vegas night clubs and keep it out of the high school/college markets!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Coyotekin
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Coyotekin
I agree with Lee and several of you. I think people ought to know when material appropriate and when it is isn't. This is the same reason people get nervous when I mention hypnosis because they have seen examples like that and don't want to be on the supposed receiving end.
"This ought to be interesting......"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The entire point of entertainment is to try to entertain.

Not too many people are "entertained" when they are humiliated.

this is only my opinion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
The entire point is, that it is for me not important what others do, but what I do.

If they want to do x-rated... so what... even though I have my bookings, because I'm good no matter the rest..
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Dan, it becomes important when what others do has an impact on your ability to make a living - to earn an income - to book shows.

When one of these sexually oriented hypnosis shows blows through an area, especially a high school region, it "poisons the well" for ANYONE who wants to get work there for YEARS afterwards. That applies to colleges and corporate clients as well.

I really don't mind if someone goes to a Vegas showroom and does this - that's their lookout and they know what they're getting into when they go, but to pull this kind of nonsense on an underage audience is sheerest idiocy and proves Darrow's Second Law of the Universe: The Only Element More Common Than Hydrogen Is Stupidity!

"An it harm none, do what thou will, love is the law, love under will." Most folks miss the first part of that rule. These guys are harming MANY, including ME. And I don't take that lightly.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2006-02-08 03:12, dan parker wrote:
If they want to do x-rated... so what... even though I have my bookings, because I'm good no matter the rest..

I agree with this if it is advertised as an adults only show in an adults only venue. When they do this with an underage audience or in a public show or a corporate event IT CAN and OFTEN DOES hurt EVERYONE'S BUSINESS. No matter HOW GREAT THEY ARE AS HYPNOTISTS AND ENTERTAINERS.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Glenn, can I just say YEP. and we all know what I mean>?

nail on head buddy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
I would agree about high school, but that kind of show, in my opinion, would be fine for a college crowd, in fact, you'd prob. have your best results at a college.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
irishmagic
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of irishmagic
Its really a right time, right place situation. just because we can do something doesn't mean we have to. proper planning really helps

MIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Stage hypnosis demo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL