The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Instant Magic- Productions from Nothing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Instant Magic- Productions from Nothing

What are your thoughts and ideas for an instant production?

For example, you walk on stage, nothing in your hands, and "presto" a handerchief appears (via, Jeff McBride's rubber band on finger, and concealled via arch of arm)

After watching Duane Laflin do several productions from empty hands, sponge balls appear, silks appear, all just look so wonderful and magical, I got to thinking what Instant Productions do you do or like?

I enjoyed Duane's Instant Productions so much I bought his DVD on the Hank Ball and Palmo, and starting thinking, producing something from nothing then moving on using that item for another magic effect really looks like magic.

This topic is a little different then the greatest magic tricks, such as producing two sponge balls from from one, in a spectator's hand. That is a powerhouse classic and follows the instant production of a sponge ball from nowwhere.

What are your favorite Intant Productions?
What are your favorite gimmicks for that Intant Production or Vanish?
Dennis Michael
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Closeup productions.

Coins from a bagless purse frame or bare handed.
Carney's "Chill Pack". Boxed deck production.
Sponge ball. Change over palm.

Productions from nothing and complete vanishes ...Oh yea!
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
I don't know for sure the source of it, but I so once a production of bottles from bare hands and I just loved it. They appeared using a couple of handkerchiefs though, but it seemed to come directly from the magician's hands. Just marvellous.
"The one that seeks for the truth takes the chance to find it". Isabel Allende

www.magopabloleal.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16362 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am only into card magic Den but Lennart Green does some great productions, bottles, shows etc from cards, which is not empty hands but close.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Keep'em coming. The key to Instant appearance is those Magical words, "Where did it come from?"
Dennis Michael
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24302 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I used the Ferrentino/Sylvester 10 foot pole as an instant production. It looked like it appeared right in front of me. I didn't pull it out of a bag or a box.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Check my website; go to the shop > online catalog, and look for the demo video for "WATCH!"

Not completely from nothing, but close.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Michael,

That is a great video and demands one to see again. Although it is not exactly what I was asking, it still qualifies as an Instant Production. The question, "Where did that Watch come from?" is the qualifier!
(Click on that question to see it!)

Loved it...Loved it...Loved it! The classic of mis-direction! I've produced a rabbit in a similar method.

Michael...That qualifies as real magic!
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Instant Magic- Productions from Nothing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL