The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best DVD of 2005 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No, I tell it the way I see it.....some of the stuff we produce is what I think really good and then some isn't as good...its my job to worry about production quality and to help with the magic, try to pick artists I think the magic world will be interested in seeing...BUT I don't see any of my stuff on your list so imust have done a bad job...to be truthful we have only put out 3 projects this...lance delongs sleight of hand required and the Slydini project....lance is real good at what he does but he doen't seem to have that youth appeal...quater to soda can.....i just guess that's what it has turned to...blainiacs everywhere...

a lot of old guys die frustrated and bitter because young guys don't appreciate the real stuff....the stuff that's about art....no disrespect for who ever came up with cin in can...

I wont be voting for any of my projects anytime soon...others may, I hope but if they don't I will still sleep tonight

koz
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Thanks for clearing that up! I also agree that a lot (not all) of the yonger magicians out there don't understand the true meaning of our art.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm sorry, 3 projects this year
koz
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
a lot of old guys die frustrated and bitter because young guys don't appreciate the real stuff....the stuff that's about art

It's a popularity contest Ted. The new material/DVDs that is pushed by the online dealers and magic shops are the ones that are going to be getting the votes. Nobody checks out the back shelves these days.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
So what do you guys think?....what are the top dvd'sof 2005....

I wont mention any that I was personally involved in so I will say crowdpullers was really good....great look at the streets and also some info on corporate magic....i really liked charlie fryes eccentric dvd set...nice stuff

that's what I have
koz
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
[quote]On 2005-11-29 12:17, wayno wrote:
Quote:
The new material/DVDs that is pushed by the online dealers and magic shops are the ones that are going to be getting the votes.

The vote is specifically for DVDs that came out in 2005, so by definition a ton of classic material (books, tapes, older DVDs, lecture notes, whatever) would and should be left out of the voting...

That aside, I'd go for Front Row Sankey or Richard Turner's The Cheat. Sankey because it got some creativity flowing that added up to new magic which wasn't even directly part of the DVD, and Turner because it's just so darn entertaining to watch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best DVD of 2005 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL