The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Ellusionist released NEW information on ALUIN.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
big k
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of big k
Here is the information from Brad him self at the ellusionist boards...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a year and a half of work on ALIUN, Ellusionist has decided not to release the illusion. I know this will come as a disappointment to many, but whatever you are feeling could be multiplied several times for the team at Ellusionist... we were looking forward to the release and we are the ones who put countless hours into the project.

THE REASON

As the project neared completion we became aware of a feature with ALIUN that might compromise the safety of the person using it. Before any Ellusionist-produced product is released, it is first evaluated by our entire staff in a physical, sit-down meeting. While primarily for the purpose of creative improvement, these meetings also exist to ensure quality and, most importantly, safety. During this period, we play devil's advocate vehemently and we are very hard on the product.

A member of our team introduced a concern we had not thought of before in regards to safety and a certain mechanical part of the device. We were somewhat astounded that we had not thought of this issue before, and I immediately made several calls. We found that this piece did possess the unlikely yet present potential to cause physical harm to the person using it. Although it was unlikely (which is why we hadn't thought of it initially) it was still possible.

After a final recent development meeting with our creative staff, Ellusionist has chosen not to release the effect. The absolute last thing I would want to see is one of our members or customers hurt by a mechanical device that we created— no effect, no matter how amazing it is, is worth that risk. In addition, our legal counsel could not green-light the project with a clear conscience.

Having to make that call was extremely hard for us, and tempers flared in the meeting as we realized we could not release ALIUN after all of our hard work.

Our apologies to all of our members, clients, and to the magic community who were expecting a great levitation to be released shortly. ALIUN is great, no question about it, but safety must take a front seat to everything and anything else. All I can say is that we are as disappointed as you are, but we are moving on with many, many great ideas and products to be released in the coming weeks.

Brad Christian
--------------------------------------------------

there ya go,

bigk
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
WOW guess we will have to buy the criss angel levitation now. that's 1000 dolars less.
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
OK, first of all, who owns the levitation ALIUN? Is it Ellusionist or someone who created it? If it's someone else, then they can always release it on their own website and still be a viable commodity. What I am reading in the above post is that they Icarus Effect and the supposidly release of Criss Angle lev on DVD far surpasses the Aliun in effect and performance..so they decided that it was not strong enough for the lev to be released for it would have been a laughing stick of the town.

I am sure their excuse could be made for a bunch of their products including small gimmicked objects that children could swallow. The Spider Pen has some small parts that could be considered dangerous to children. But they sell it. And who is to say they mommy and daddy wouldn't buy it for little junior and his sister to play with?
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
They did state how much they wanted to sell it for...
---------------------------------------------------------

We were trying to get the illusion down to $750 - $1000 somewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That is a lot of greens to be shelling out.... I don't think many mommy's and daddy's would be buying this product for their kids....
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
They said that they had to stop the release of it because some parts of it could be harmful and dangerous.
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
I think that "safety" issue was just a cover-up because of the "hoverman" patent which everyone uncovered. I'm almost positive that was the Aliun, and I bet that was this is the reason.
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
I agree
-Criss Angel
werton
View Profile
New user
atlanta
65 Posts

Profile of werton
I concur it did seem a little fishy
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
The video demo of ALIUN that I saw just plain sucked. The same illusion can be achieved using Mike Bent's "Zero Gravity" which is a pain. They must have realized that they cannot compete with "Icarus Effect" which is by far the most clever levitation that I have ever performed.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Marty The Magnificent
View Profile
New user
STL, Missouri
23 Posts

Profile of Marty The Magnificent
I would have to agree also.
I believe it was just a cover-up.
Not that it really mattered, even with the "trying to get to 750-1000 range" I am not to sure of how many people would spend that much on a 2 inch levitation, I don't care how many angles are safe to view it from.
themartyr
View Profile
Regular user
ca.
105 Posts

Profile of themartyr
Quote:
On 2005-11-17 19:50, Marty The Magnificent wrote:
I would have to agree also.
I believe it was just a cover-up.
Not that it really mattered, even with the "trying to get to 750-1000 range" I am not to sure of how many people would spend that much on a 2 inch levitation, I don't care how many angles are safe to view it from.

Agreed! Angels lev looks rad.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
This is done for publicity purposes. A lot of this happenning in the magic community lately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_balloon

It is good for the company in the end no matter what happens. It is good tactics for sales of other items really. All the talk about a dangerous component really makes it seem like it was something high-tech. I like it.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
How the hell can anyone work on something for a year and a half without relising a possible safety risk, I posted that under the topic started by BRad from Ellusionist under the'did you hear the lastest' section, and guess what, I never got a reply. Says it all really.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
On 2005-11-21 05:23, MagicMcQuade wrote:
How the hell can anyone work on something for a year and a half without relising a possible safety risk, I posted that under the topic started by BRad from Ellusionist under the'did you hear the lastest' section, and guess what, I never got a reply. Says it all really.

Have you ever seen Brad's Testing and Research Team?!? It's made up of Horsefly's and Retarded Monkey's!

I'm surprised anyone even caught the so-called "Safety Risk" at all Smile
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Good point
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
Quote:
On 2005-11-21 09:18, mattisdx wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-21 05:23, MagicMcQuade wrote:

Have you ever seen Brad's Testing and Research Team?!? It's made up of Horsefly's and Retarded Monkey's!

I'm surprised anyone even caught the so-called "Safety Risk" at all Smile

There was no safety risk to begin with! I have to admit though, you are right about the horseflies and retarded monkeys.
Oklahoma Magic Man
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
12 Posts

Profile of Oklahoma Magic Man
I do believe that it's very suspicious too, because working on something for a year and a half should give a very wide window of opportunity for someone to notice a "safety risk" and fix it along with that. Anyway, at least we don't have to pay $1000-$1500 to learn the secret of the levitation, LOL! Smile Smile
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
Oklahoma Magic Man, the "secret" is all over patent sites on the internet. It's listed under the name, "Hoverman". It even has the "Aliun" creator's name as the holder of the patent. I won't mention his name for other reasons. There is no doubt in my mind that the whole situation was a cover-up. Ellusionist was getting tons of Emails regarding the patent, and all they did was keep denying the allegations while still not releasing any new information. It took them a while to realize that this 2-inch levitation could not make it big on the market flaunting a ridiculously high price; all this while their secret was out and were pushed into a tight corner. What do you do? Excuses, delays, and lack of information quickly got old. When all else failed, they created a conspiracy and upset the rare group of potential buyers.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
I just read the hoverman patent info.

Would that really work? It seems absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I'm missing something, but all that mechanical nonsense to produce an effect similar to the balducchi lev or zero gravity?

I was not aware of this levitation before, I'm glad I found this board. But now I must move to another topic, I have nothing good to say about this one. And my mom always said... If you can't say anything nice, move to another thread.

A patent on a magic trick? Why if not explicitly for this publicity stunt?
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
Quote:
On 2005-11-21 19:18, Magic Spank wrote:
I just read the hoverman patent info.

Would that really work? It seems absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I'm missing something, but all that mechanical nonsense to produce an effect similar to the balducchi lev or zero gravity?

I was not aware of this levitation before, I'm glad I found this board. But now I must move to another topic, I have nothing good to say about this one. And my mom always said... If you can't say anything nice, move to another thread.

A patent on a magic trick? Why if not explicitly for this publicity stunt?

I'm with you brother. What I'm most disgusted with is the "Aliun" creator trying to reveal an unnamed version of "The Elevator" and bring it down under his "DETAILED DESCRIPTION". I'm glad his levitation didn't go through. It's way to expensive and complicated for what its effect is. I can do the same with the impromptu Balducci.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Ellusionist released NEW information on ALUIN.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL