The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Traveling case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Not to get the whole "Wal-Mart is evil" thing started again, but we just set up a display of large toolboxes at my hardware dept.

The toolbox has wheels and a large sliding handle that can be used to drag it. Two compartments built into the lid. The main comparment is fairly deep and there's a sliding drawer built into the front of the main compartment. The toolbox also clips onto a second compartment underneath the first one. It's currently on sale for $19.97.

My thought was that you put your props in the upper compartments, cut a hole in the back of the lower compartment and shove your tips through the hole at the end of each show. As long as you're careful not to let the clips pop open, you should be OK until you get home. (Maybe duct tape on the handles to assure they don't pop open by accident.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5283 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Thanks for the info on the toolbox and your suggested modifications. Nice idea! But...Wal-Mart is evil!!! LOL!!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5313 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Harry, where ya been
koz
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, it's time consuming work avoiding the evil that is Wal*Mart!

I have to go to work later today and I'd rather avoid it!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Great share and thanks. I am always looking for inexspensive cases that can be adpated for my strolling magic and for others props I carry around for my different shows and performances.

This one I am sure many of you may already know and use, but Lowes and possibly Home Depot sell a tool case that actually looks like a metal brief case. It has rounded corners and is pretty nicely made. Inside it even comes with a foam liner that can be cut into shapes as you see fit. I have bought several for my sound system and for some other props I use in my festival shows. It is a great way to store props without the added cost.

Another item I love is a fold down case from Case Logic. It is a black bag that basically folds down flat but when folded out, can carry quite a bit of stuff and it has pockets on the outside so you can place things there as well.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Traveling case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL