The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow and Freakshow Articles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I am putting together a website to accompany a show and want to include an archive of articles on sideshow and freaks. If anyone here has written any articles I could include in the archive could they get in touch by PM or email. Also, if you have spotted any good ones on the net please could you also let me know so I can get in touch with the authors. I will give full credit to the writers and include a link to your own website if you wish.

Many thanks

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Duncan - your best resource on this is probably the Shocked And Amazed series of publications by James Taylor. You can contact him at the sideshows discussion board, or PM me for contact details.

In the UK there is a National Fairground/ Showmans archive, with a full time archivist. I'll see if I have contact info anywhere for this.

Cheers
ML

I've found the info for the National Fairground Archive:

It's based at the University of Sheffield at the url is: http://www.shef.ac.uk/nfa/

Hope this helps

Cheers
ML
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
Have a look at this site.

http://www.sideshow-freaks.com/sideshow_......ault.htm

There's a lot of personal experiences about life in the sideshow and freaks. I suggest that you search through all of the posts, there's a lot of them but you should find something that you can use.

Regards,
Jennie Price. Smile
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Hi Jennie

Good suggestion - though I think Duncan has already been there (?).

Todd Robbins also has a new site which he'll develop over some time: Click Here! This may be of use.

Cheers

ML
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Thanks for all the help guys. The website is moving slooooooooooooowly due to other commitments, but hopefully it should be of interest when it is done.

Yep, I have been to slims Jennie and ML. Thanks for thinking of it though.

Cheers

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hi, the largest source for the info you require is Jeremy Beadle, he has a huge double story library full of goodies and a great guy to talk to,,,sad for you he is again based in the south (Trent Park) But this is the guy to meet !!!
DRPEPPER
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of DRPEPPER
The gentleman you need to meet is Warden Hall, "the king of sideshows."

His address is:
PO Box 807
Gibson, FL 35334
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

The website is done. Thank you all so much for your help. It is still very light on articles though the archive will build over time I am sure. Anyway, the basics are there at:

http://www.thefreakshow.co.uk

Let me know what you think, sign the guestbook, send an article!

Thanks all

Straitjacket guy

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow and Freakshow Articles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL