We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Warning: Re: Criss Angel's Quarter Thru Soda Can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1082 Posts

Profile of tdowell
No, really, its, really, no, really, really really good.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
In regards to Lhotta's post, it must be where you live. I agree with him that different cans will come in different places. Here in Ohio, Pepsi cans have been fantastic to work with and what I have performed with the most. A few Mt. Dew. The Coors Light can was great but Budweiser was almost too difficult to deal with.

But here in Ohio, Pepsi cans rule.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sound like there are only eleven magicians in the country that have not done this yet.. hmmmmmmm
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 15:37, Pete Biro wrote:
Sound like there are only eleven magicians in the country that have not done this yet.. hmmmmmmm

Make that twelve.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
I never did get around to ordering it!
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
The thing to remember is to practice on the cans before hand. I practice with many different brands of soda pop cans, and then I know which ones to stay clear and which ones are swsome. All together though, it should work with every can. I love this trick! -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Diet Coke and diet Sprite cans are the best. I remembered at one time I knew I was going to perform this effect, I purposely bring a cooler of assorted beverages - mostly of the above two - and when the spec brought it out of the cooler for me, it seemed all fair and impromptu. So my suggestion would be to bring some beverages to the show as you're contributing to the event or for yourself when you want to perform this effect without any potential problem.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Buzz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Buzz
Coke,Diet coke, sprite,all work great.I'm thinking coke products in general have the perfect requirments. I don't think I would attempt this without first being sure that the given can has been personally tested by me. As I buy a soft drink from somewhere I have been buying a different brand and variety,and secretly testing it out. Just experiment with as many as you can.At worst,you buy a few extra drinks.
bradymc
View Profile
Regular user
Allen, TX
111 Posts

Profile of bradymc
I used to work at a place where they stocked our kitchens with FREE soda. Just about every major drink you can think of. So when I bought this effect, I figured that I had the perfect testing ground. I went into the kitchen and pulled one can after another out of the shelves and tried it on several cans. I had a problem with making the coin "penetrate" several of the cans. That made me VERY reluctant to perform it impromptu. The only way I'd do it now is to test a can beforehand to make sure it'll work. I'd suggest everyone else do the same. You never when when the folks at Coke or Pepsi are going to change their cans.
Brady McCain
Website Designer / Magician
www.GoMylo.com
www.GoMyloDomains.com
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
A and W root beer wont work on the last part of the effect. I have just started using nickels. They work and can be signed and people are still blown away from the coin being in the can. No worries about this can or that can. Less chance of flashing with smaller coin too but can still be signed on both sides and still just as visual. The coin is GONE when it is slammed into the bottom of the can.

When finishing the routine, don't flip the top back all the way when opening the can,Empty and shake a bit and then hand out the can and when the spectator tries to get it out, they have to totally push the tab to get the coin out. Good showmanship and just as strong in my opinion.

A Nickel is just available and impressive as a quarter. Like a bent cap on prohibition or a unbent cap. doesn't make a difference, none of the stated should ever be able to penetrate the can/bottle.Use a Nickel and no worries about this can or that can. I havent tried every single can made but I bet you they ALL will work, less stress and even more inpromtu Smile Donkeys and Waffles
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
Robert-o
View Profile
New user
Sunny Glendale, Arizona
39 Posts

Profile of Robert-o
Quote:
On 2006-12-03 13:40, evolve629 wrote:
Diet Coke and diet Sprite cans are the best. I remembered at one time I knew I was going to perform this effect, I purposely bring a cooler of assorted beverages - mostly of the above two - and when the spec brought it out of the cooler for me, it seemed all fair and impromptu. So my suggestion would be to bring some beverages to the show as you're contributing to the event or for yourself when you want to perform this effect without any potential problem.

Evolve629... I am going to perform this on Friday at a neighbors house (after Buckeyes/Gators party). All they drink is Bud light and Diet RC. I will bring my own cooler. Thanks for a great idea.
"Hey... How'd you do that?".
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Had an issue with a bud light can this weekend. Just a heads up. Might have just been that can.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Sometimes when I don't see a suitable can that Wayne mentioned in the DVD, I just don't do the effect. I just save it for later Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 07:45, paisa23 wrote:
Had an issue with a bud light can this weekend. Just a heads up. Might have just been that can.

Paisa...was it the last can of a 12 pak? Smile

I know you have been back a while..but welcome home and Happy New Year!

Rich
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Is using a quarter THAT important ? Seems everyone is so worried about this can and that can when a NICKEL has worked with every can I have tried. Try it, First stage, no issue, 2nd part as easy more cover , 3rd part guaranteed no issues. Still difficult to get out. I could shove a peanut in the can and people would be amazed. It is not the steak, it is the sizzle. Noone has ever said, yeah but can you do a quarter or a half dollar ? They are just blown away.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I practiced with several different brands beer cans. When I woke up, there were 24 empty beer cans on the floor and I can't seem to remember the results.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
118 Posts

Profile of docmagik
You know, nickel is a great suggestion. I can't beleive I didn't think of that. Thanks.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Thanks, I think it solves the can brand problem completely.

donkeys and waffles
bradymc
View Profile
Regular user
Allen, TX
111 Posts

Profile of bradymc
Yeah, I never even considered using a nickel either. I'll have to re-investigate. For those that don't like the idea of it being able to just fall out of the can, pour it out slowly and the nickel will still stay inside. Then hand the can to the spec and let them shake it around / discover it to be inside.
Brady McCain
Website Designer / Magician
www.GoMylo.com
www.GoMyloDomains.com
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

I have tried it several times with a nickel and it hit just as hard. I have never had it just fall out when I turn the can over, even after flipping the top ALL the way, But I usually just leave the top halfway open and pour and let the spectator have the can after I empty and shake it a bit, it always takes them some time to get it out and some talk about how difficult it is to get out. You will see when you do it that you can empty it yourself and flip it upside down and see the initial w/out it falling out. Just my experiences but I will never use a quarter again, too many cans that wont work or are difficult. ALL cans work with a nickel.

Donkeys and Waffles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Warning: Re: Criss Angel's Quarter Thru Soda Can (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL