The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Pocus DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tigerman21345
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of tigerman21345
I'm thinking of getting this DVD within these few weeks , becuz it's seems so funny .

But before getting the disc I would like to know if most of the tricks inside are easy to do and impromptu ? (especially the mona lisa , could I just tear a picture from the magazine or somethings and do the trick or I have to do with the 'prepared' mona lisa picture ?)

Thanks .
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
Mona Lisa requires minimal prep...about 5 minutes....very very easy ...very very effective.....a lot of good material on DVD....only downside is Boris Pocus himself....while I find Sankey to be a funny and brilliantly gifted guy....Boris Pocus is not so much funny as he is annoying or irritating.....I could have done without same...

The Nighthawk
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
You have to realize who this dvd was primarily marketed to in order to understand why the character is the way he is. It is a mental magic dvd marketed towards teenagers, made by the guys over at Penguin. I believe it was an attempt to poke fun at mentalists to a certain degree. If you like Sankey's creativity, then this might be up your alley. However, Sankey's humor isn't as transparent since this isn't exactly Sankey. For what it's worth, I thought it was a good buy.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
I guys. I am not a school kid but purchased the DVD from them anyway. I wrote a review on their site....it's the guy from Mexico. At least it's not fake. That was before the sh--- came down with Sankey and all that.
mark
If you are going to Puerto Vallarta on your acations, let me know and write me a PM. I am interested in meeting magicians.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This dvd was not made by the guys at Penguin. It was made by Sankey. Penguin only sold it. It's not geared toward teenagers. There is some really good material on the dvd. But the character can be a little grating.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
...Highly recommended DVD! Very, very funny. Each item explanation is introduced Eastern-European Gangland Torture-Style;

"...This one is like acid down their pants" (Mona Lisa)

Even the way his (verbal) mistakes are covered is very funny.

GS
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I have this dvd for sale. If anyone is interested, PM me. There are some really nice effects on here.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I read a lot of good reviews of this one but in all honesty, I was disappointed. Of all my Sankey dvds/tapes, this one was my least favorite. I watched it with my wife to see what kind of reactions the effects would get and she figured out the majority of them with no prior knowledge of mentalism techniques.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I actually liked this DVD.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
His character on this one started to get old real quick for me.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

The character can get a bit old. But there are some nice effects. His CAAN is good. Super simple and very effective.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I enjoyed this DVD, it was entertaining.
Alan Patrick
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Alan Patrick
The DVD was very entertaining and plus there is a lot of material that I use on a regular basis like the mona lisa trick.....a must have for Sankey fans
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
The Boris character is Jay Sankey squared... If you like Sankey, you will probably like Boris. I find Sakney a little irritating... I find Boris EXTREMELY irritating. With that said, the mentalism is strong!

Michael
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I think the character was supposed to be irritating. I found Boris funny. Even the opening credits were funny. I really liked this dvd.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
Well I like some of the effects and I like sankey and his style.

but boris? no thank you very much.

good thing you ain't buying this for the character but for the effects, remember that when you watch it and you'll be fine.

but in all honesty I can only watch 3 effects from boris in a row cuz he's really *** annoying
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I generally like Jay Sankey, but I am not a fan of this dvd, his character became hard to watch after about 30 minutes or so. Just my opinion. I wasnt that fond of the material on this one either.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Well I liked, the effect are really good and I prefer Boris pocus that Jay Sankey.
JoePresto
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of JoePresto
I think it has some very practical and extremely strong effects. This DVD is worth every penny. The character "Boris Pocus" is hysterically funny to me. Some of the jokes hit home on exactly why I prefer not to perform mentalism as if it were "real."
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
An interesting diversion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Pocus DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL