The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Pocus DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I own this DVD, and I've watched it probably 10 or 12 times, and I love it. I do, however, have a twisted sense of humor, and Sankey's humor is similar to my style, so I could really relate to it.

As for the effects, there are plenty of good effects on the DVD. Even if you like only one or two effects, it's worth the price. I think the DVD is worth it just for the entertainment value of watching Boris.

He's too funny!
Rashasha
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Rashasha
Give Sankey a break. So he tried to do something different with this DVD. How many boring, stale DVDs have we all watched? You may not appreciate Boris' humor, but the effects are solid and I don't think you can fault Sankey for trying a different approach.

Good for him.... I'm waiting for Boris Pocus II !!!!
Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
89 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Do you guys think that the material would be placed more into the category of mental magic as opposed to mentalism?
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Bryce,

A little bit of both... it's probably 60/40 split... favoring mental magic.

There's a lot of gold on this disk for sure.
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
I beleive there is an effect called lottery that I was hoping would be lost by his "Boris Pocus" However I see he also put this effect on Hemispheres. In any case pay no attention to this effect it is not impromptu and it has no effect on your audiance. It will not cause them to "take a spoon to the back of there head and slowly debrain themselfs"

Sean
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6961 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ha, ha. Yes, Lottery is a good one.

Boris Pocus contains powerhouse stuff. If Jay re-taped, just being himself, I'm sure the dvd would be far more popular. Unfortunately, some people couldn't get past the character. I thought it was fun, myself.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I totally loved Boris... I've watched it about 10 times (easily), and it never gets old. His character is just too freakin' funny...

I can read mind, predict the future, cause the tornado... I can do it all!
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
I always just thought I was the odd ball. I mean I am...
This effect is like dropping an anvil on a childs head on a hot day... Very stong... Very strong...
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
It's like acid down their pants!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I didn't get this DVD when it came out. If Jeff Stone and Cameron Francis liked it, then most likley I will as we have allot of the same tastes in close-up magic.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2008-08-18 18:07, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I didn't get this DVD when it came out. If Jeff Stone and Cameron Francis liked it, then most likley I will as we have allot of the same tastes in close-up magic.

Chris,

I checked a couple of places online and couldn't find it.. I couldn't even find it on murphy's site. I know that it wasn't one of his best sellers, but if you love wacky Jay, you'll love this one... It's probably his funniest DVD of them all. And there's a lot of excellent material to boot.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6961 Posts

Penguin might still have it...
Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
89 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Quote:
On 2008-08-18 14:08, jstone wrote:
Bryce,

A little bit of both... it's probably 60/40 split... favoring mental magic.

There's a lot of gold on this disk for sure.

A great help. Thanks.
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
No dice they have been out of stock on it for several years as has Murphy's. It is not even listed on Jay's site. However once in a great while you will see one pop up on ebay for a fairly cheap price.

Sean
By the way Cameron I love your fresh mint effect. I meet you in a magic shop about a year ago and you performed it for us. Very clever.

"It's like a chainsaw to the foot blood everywhere people screaming the police show up and a helicopter"
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
This one is like a nun with her arm trapped in a meat grinder.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6961 Posts

Hey, kiiss_bpp, thanks! Did we meet at Fantasma?
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
No Daytona Magic.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
When Treasure of The Sierra Madre with Humphrey Bogart was released, it did poorly at the box office. Since then, it is one of the most revered films of all time.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
Sorry forgot to add a new quote... "You see what makes a future event so difficult to predict is, it has yet to happen. If instead it is happening right now or was some time ago it makes it much easier to predict that furture event."
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I eat several onions per day... you know... because of the shape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Pocus DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL