We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Thomas Medina's MacDonald's Aces - Comments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Can someone comment on this DVD. I know how to do Mickey D's Aces. I want to know if this DVD is worth the price for the extra vanishes on it. Doe's anyone have this and how would they rate it.

Thanks.
edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I saw nothing new on this DVD. I'm wondering why this was even released.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
MagicChris. What about the advertising that says a dozen new ways to vanish the aces? Do you have the DVD? So you the bottom line is you would not recommend the DVD?

Thanks edh
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have the DVD and I didn't see anything new. If you never did the routine, then sure, it would be fine. It's inexpensive and comes with the cards.

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
If you really want to see a cool version, look for a tape of Frank Garcia. Tough to find, but worth the effort.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I found a review for you. click here.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Magiguy, evolve629, thanks for your response. I will look into the Frank Garcia tape. Is this a VHS tape or a DVD?

evolve629, I read the review. Thanks for all your responses. I appreciate your opinions on this DVD. I want to make sure that what the DVD contains is what I'm looking for.

As I have said I do Mac's Aces. And what I was looking for is different ways to transform the aces into indifferent cards.

Again thanks for all your help.
edh
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-11-20 17:05, edh wrote:
MagicChris. What about the advertising that says a dozen new ways to vanish the aces? Do you have the DVD? So you the bottom line is you would not recommend the DVD?

Thanks edh

I watched it again. He uses Lee Ashers Asher Twist ( with credit) and the Erdnase move ( when you do a color change ).

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
RE: Garcia's version... I know it's on VHS but you'll probably find a DVD version out there as well. Check out the "Stars of Magic" series. If you hit a brick wall, PM me and I will send you the address of a guy who has (sells) tape of almost everyone.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Daryl has a clever version called Jumping Jacks.

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 23:20, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

For Daryl's version, I understand that the spectator does the magic. This sounds quite enticing (albeit potentially dangerous). Obviously the magician has to instruct the spectator what to do. My question is this... are you just taking them through the steps to perform the standard McDonald's Aces routine, or is it a unique routine? In other words, if I already perform McDonald's Aces, is "Jumping Jacks" a worthwhile purchase or is it really the same effect?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2008-02-22 21:15, magicbob116 wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 23:20, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

For Daryl's version, I understand that the spectator does the magic. This sounds quite enticing (albeit potentially dangerous). Obviously the magician has to instruct the spectator what to do. My question is this... are you just taking them through the steps to perform the standard McDonald's Aces routine, or is it a unique routine? In other words, if I already perform McDonald's Aces, is "Jumping Jacks" a worthwhile purchase or is it really the same effect?

Anyone out there with knowledge of Daryl's Jumping Jacks version? Any insights to clarify my question above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bob

Day 3
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
CyrusTX
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of CyrusTX
I would say if you don't do the M Aces this would be a great DVD to get. Fun puts out a lot of informative info at a lesser price than others. Material may not be new...but if you don't know it...then it is new to you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Thomas Medina's MacDonald's Aces - Comments (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL