The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Does this trick deck exist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
Well I have been doing some thinking and just thought of a trick deck..i just want to know if it exist as I have never seen them..its actually the Svengali deck concept..u need to have 26 normal cards and 26 duplicate short cards..same as Svengali but this is not 26 same but a duplicate of the normal..u arrange it normal and duplicate all the way..so now when you riffle they see aonly the normal.riffle and ask the laymen to put their finger and they will take the duplicate..when they are looking you slide the normal to the top and you have ambitious effect..u can do it a several time to the same audience as the cards are always different..any thoughts on this..anybody heard of it??
one eyed man is the king in the blind land
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Yeah I think I have, I think its in the encyclopedia of card tricks. I cant remember the name, I could be wrong though I will have to check.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Yes, it is called the "Menetekel deck"...if I am not mistaken, and it's been around for years. I made one many years ago, early in my journey thru magic. Smile Smile Smile

<<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Menetekel Deck was invented by Burling Hull in 1900.

Hideo Kato
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Yes that's the name I was looking for, info can be found in the encyclopedia of card tricks, a whole chapter I believe.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
If you don't want to make your own, Hank Lee selles it for about 6 bucks.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
Ooops....just when I thought I have finally created something..its been around for years..anyway my mistake for not noticing it before but I am really suprised why it isn't so well known..i mean it should be as well known as the Svengali deck for the effects are not so different and I think it should be even better..well..i would love to make one and thanks for the information!
one eyed man is the king in the blind land
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
And now you have learnt the REAL LESSON here which is the real importance to know the history of magic as well as the "how to do it". Magic History is a very important component of learning magic, something that I am afraid many neglect.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Paul,
How right you are. And there is so much fun in the study of magic history.
Shame that more do not know.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Does this trick deck exist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL