The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Origami? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Quote:
On 2005-12-26 13:32, jlbmagic wrote:
Copperfield Routine is by far the best out there.

I have not seen his performance of it. Is it recorded on a particular special or video anywhere? I have his Illusions DVD and its not on there.

Jared
Christian Dux
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Christian Dux
Jared,

Copperfield performes the origami illusion on his XI TV special
->The Magic of David Copperfield XI - The Explosive Encounter (1989)

Shadow Box
Dancing Ties
Telementalist
Origami
Telekinesis
Pole Levitation
Twister
$100 Bill Switch
Crazy Man's Handcuffs
Building Implosion

All the best

Chris
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Would I be able to find this anywhere or was it strictly television?

Jared
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
David did release a DVD called "Illusion" a while back - which had some of his best illusions on it - can't remember if Origami is on it - anyone know?
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Nope that's the one I have and yes it does have some fantastic material on it. Fortunately I have had several generous PM's about helping me find this on film. Thanks everyone.

Jared
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
Excellent news. It's one of the best presentations of Origami - nice and slow, and of course the inspired soundtrack from Peter Gabriel.
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I forgot to share a story about the worst rip-off origami I ever saw. It used plastic samurai swords.... you know, the toy kind like you would find in the toy section of a Walmart or Dollar General.

I agree, Copperfield's presentation was wonderful. He's very slow and deliberate in the presentation. I think that has much more impact than presentations in which the performers seem in a hurry to get the box folded up.

Cris
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I just watched a video of a hideous Origami. It was, of course, unauthorized. For some reason the panels in the box were not staying velcroed. I don't know if a heavier material was used to build the box, or if the velcro was bad, or if some other "fastener" was used. Regardless it was bad. Lots of fumbling and re-unfolding. At one point there was an edit to minimize the refolding of the box. And, when the girl came out of the box her hips or shoulders popped open the sides of the box!
This was on, I think, one of the Great Magic of Las Vegas...but the second series, not the original series.

And, I just watched a video of Greg Frewin's version of Origami. Also on Great Magic of Las Vegas. Here is what I have to say: GREAT! I absolutely love it! I can see why some would say it might complicate the routine, etc., but I think it is very good. If I ever decide to purchase an Origami, I will look into that version. What a great way to put a twist on an existing illusion.
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
I like very much the briliant idea about Origami but I would like to ask you something. A lot of old illusions were exposed on television or the internet because a secret has a life. After some years appear other illusions, other secrets. What do you say about Origami's secret life? What do you say? Is it close to dying or it is still a good business today??
Thank you and sorry about my English.
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
So the origami is getting a lot of peformance time and with all the rip offs and everyone seems to be doing this illusion. Does it still work, does the audience say "oh, I have seen that" or "WOW"? What are you thoughts if you perform a real origami?

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Origami? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL