We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2005 entrée: Al Schneider » » Welcome to The Magic Café Al! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As founder and manager of our little online community, it gives me great pleasure to welcome our very special guest of honor - Al Schneider!

Thanks for taking the time to discuss magic with us this week Al, I for one am looking forward to what is sure to be an interesting and educational seven days. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Welcome tho the Café Mr. Schneider. I hope your stay here will be a plesant one. I have been an admirer of your magic for a long time now. Who knows, maybe I will meet you at FISM in Sweden nest year.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
As I said before, Al... Welcome. When are you going to come out to the "left coast?" Like to see you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Welcome to the Café Al. Hope you enjoy your stay and come back often.
Daniel Faith
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Pete Biro
I want to, I want to.
Give me a reason. Will someone invite me?
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5859 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hi Al,

And welcome to The Café VIP Spotlight. No one needs a reason to visit the Left Coast, just come and enjoy the weather. It is 70 degrees in the Bay Area and has been for over a week.

Enjoy your time in our spotlight.

Cheers,

Tom
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Welcome! I'm a great admirer of your work.

I recently purchased several of your e-books, and I'm pleased to see that in addition to describing the moves for routines, you actually "teach" them in great detail too. Not all magic books are like that.

I also really like the way you describe one situation you had at a magic lecture, which is both bizarre and cosmically funny while simultaneously pathetic and sad. I laughed when I read it, and then felt guilty for laughing because it really wasn’t funny at all. As you wrote, “I don’t know what to think.” (Anyone who wants to know what this is about, you'll have to purchase Mr. Schneider’s e-books until you find the one that describes this!)

Thanks for sharing with us, both now, and before.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Al,

Welcome to the Café and thanks for joining us. Just find yourself a comfortable chair, grab yourself a party hat (I have first dibs on the tiara) and order a refreshment. It's on the house!

I'm sure this will be a real treat for all the members, and once again thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to join us at the Café.

Chrystal
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3527 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 18:27, Al Schneider wrote:
Pete Biro
I want to, I want to.
Give me a reason. Will someone invite me?
Al Schneider

Al

You might consider a series of California, Vegas and ARIZONA lectures/teach-ins. I remember one of the very first of these events staged for you in the Northwest Indiana/Chicago area after one of Abbott's Get Togethers (about a million or so years ago!). Smile
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Julie

I will consider that.
Al Schneider
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Al -

I have been a great fan of yours since first seeing you sometime in the '70s. I am not sure where...maybe one of the Columbus MagiFests.
Ever since you published it in the Linking Ring, your effect with the coin purse and the Chinatown Half has been a favorite of mine (I don't remember your name for the effect). I have always felt the display of the chinese coin on the hasp of the purse was a brilliant piece of subtiety.
Your four DVD set is fabulous. I am not a great fan of magic tapes and DVDs (they usually put me to sleep and I often watch them on fast forward), but yours were a real pleasure to watch again and again. By the way, you should buy that audience from L&L...but then you already own them!!!
It is great to see you here, I miss your posts in the forums. They were a great addition. I hope you will return.

Bill
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
BillWells

Funny you mention the purse routine and that Linking Ring Parade.
I do not remember much of that though a have a few treasured copies lying around.

The idea of putting the orinetal coin on the clasp of the purse came from Simon Aronson for Chicago. Some of my stuff is not mine though I do my best to apply credit.
Al Schneider
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2005 entrée: Al Schneider » » Welcome to The Magic Café Al! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL