We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2005 entrée: Al Schneider » » A note from the man himself! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Mr. Schneider asked me to post the following, and so I have. Enjoy. Smile

------------------------oOo--------------------------

During the past few months there have been several questions about something I call Intention of Reality. My knowledge of this subject has grown during these discussions. One problem is that I really had trouble communicating what it is. I put together an ebook titled “Schneider Vanish”. In this book I attempted to detail the process I went through to master the Schneider Vanish and Intention of Reality. It seems, however, that it has not gone well. I believe that those that have practiced the drills in that book have mastered the vanish. I do not, however, believe that they are aware they have. The performance of the move is very “not like a move”. It feels somewhat clunky and not typical of how most magic is done. Also during these discussions, the impact of Intention of Reality has not been communicated. Frank Tougas wrote somewhere in the “Café” that this intention can be captured on film it is so strong. Well, I have attempted to demonstrate this.

I have created several movie clips and placed them on my web site to demonstrate how all of this appears. The primary clip of this set is the one showing the Schneider Vanish. In this clip one can see that something moves from the right hand to the left. It is best observed when the clip is watched in a larger format. I see this with my own eyes. I showed it to my fiancé and she remarked that she saw something go. As I write this I have not talked to anyone else about this. Perhaps it is my wishful thinking that causes me to see it. As I watch it over and over again I see it. The film has not been doctored in any way. Also, I am not trying to embellish the move with some kind of fancy handling. The move is done as exactly as presented in my Schneider Vanish. Or, at least, I have attempted to do so. During production of this clip, I stepped through the motion frame by frame. At the point where I see something that frame shows my empty hand.

This clip and others can be seen on my website

I welcome questions and comments about the things you view on the site.

I have spent considerable time trying to come up with clear videos and effective ways to present them to you. I have purchased special software that runs on the server to supply you streaming video. The advantage of this is that you can start viewing a clip seconds after selecting it. To utilize this, however, you must download the latest version of Realplayer. I hope this will be worth your effort for I plan to use this device to put a lot more routines on my web site. I intend to make World Magic Center a fun place to go.

The clips presently on my web site are an experiment to test what works and what doesn’t.

Al Schneider
-----------------------------Oo--------
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Impossible doesn't even begin to describe what I saw in the video clips! I was following the Intention of Reality thread and I have to admit that I was sceptical about Frank Tougas' comments of it captured on video.

You can "clearly" see it in all the vanishes, but specially in the first one. This concept is so different from anything else I have come across in magic. The most convinsing illusion, even in front of a camera eye. Retention of vision doesn't even come close to this one.

I'm a firm believer Mr. Schneider, that magic is a technology that can be learned (as you so eloquently describe in your website). Your concepts and moves are revolutionary as far as the classic theory of magic is concerned. Your DVD's and ebooks are absolutely the best investment anyone should afford these days in magic.

Great thinkers like yourself and Wesley James are making magic such a great art.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
It is my sincere wish that anyone who was following that thread regarding Intention of Reality take a look at these video clips. While gratifying to see that it can be done, I think it is far more gratifying to understand that it can be learned and is well within the grasp of any magician who cares to take the time to learn it.

Like any technique, it is not enough to see it in context of something you already know about and then label it as something you already do. Clearly it is different from other techniques out there and as such should be approached as a new concept.

Although I have been doing magic since I was ten years old, the truth is that early on in my mid-twenties, as I was becoming more serious about magic, I met Al and took his class. This is the stuff he was teaching. Since I had no background other than basic books on magic (Tarbell course was a few years away and Bobo's book was not yet known to me!) therefore his techniques seemed perfectly reasonable to me. I have to think if I had developed favorite moves, vanishes, and a philosophy of magic it may not have been so easy to accept.

I am proud to call him my friend and happy that he is getting the recognition here at the Café he deserves. Welcome Al and may the rest of you have an incredible week!

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Yiannis
You write good PM's.
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Al,
I really enjoyed seeing you perform the The Trithru routine. Great thinking and a beautifully performed illusion.
Larry
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Al,

Thanks for sharing these with the Café. I am glad you are here.

RevJohn
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Al Schneider is one of the great thinkers in magic. The videos on his website are outstanding.

Thanks, Al!

Matt Field
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Are those videos on your 4 DVD set?
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Rikbrooks
No, these are not clips from the DVD set.
I made them at home in my second bedroom.
Al Schneider
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Enjoyed viewing the clips... thanks, Al.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 14:28, Al Schneider wrote:
Rikbrooks
No, these are not clips from the DVD set.
I made them at home in my second bedroom.
Al Schneider

I know what you're doing and I'm still fooled. May I please move into your secoond bedroom? Smile

Al, these clips are wonderful!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
R_B_C
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, Texas
65 Posts

Profile of R_B_C
Mr. Schneider;
Excellent video clips. I loved the chain vanish. Is that from a routine?
R_B_C
"If you can't convince them, confuse them." -Harry S. Truman
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
R_B_C

"Mr. Schneider;
Excellent video clips. I loved the chain vanish. Is that from a routine?"

No. It is just a demonstration of a technology presented in Ideas 2005.
Al Schneider
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Thanks Al , you give hope to all of us "amateur" magicians. I am a programmer also. I also make much more money doing that than my magic gigs do. Your dedication to our wonderful art is encouraging. You have helped so many myself included ( Relax Relax).

One note I only have DVD#3 so far and there is one thing I noticed during the performance section . PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN! Your audience was ALIVE. They acted like a real audience would . Talking amongst themselves about the marvel they just saw. Excellent work on the dvds and your ebooks
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2005 entrée: Al Schneider » » A note from the man himself! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL