The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Elsdon new dvd - Before I forget (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Hi Just placed a pre Order with Alakazm magic for the new Mark Elsdon dvd. I have seen Marks Pre -Preconfiguration and loved the effect, so I decided to order on this alone. Does anyone know the if the dvd wil be out before Christmas? Also does anyone have any info on the other effect called Grandpas book? sounds fab. ANY THoughts?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Before I forget is now in stock!

Regards

Peter
http://www.alakazam.co.uk
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Great Dvd Alakazam.

I can see what you mean by Pre-configuration being a stunner, and it is no wonder that a freind of the Great Mr Larry Jennings declared it to be one of the best tricks he had seen during Marks lecture, great work by Mark on Mr Jennings effect.

Pre-Configuration is worth the price of the Dvd alone, but you also get some other great effects. Check out "My grandfathers Book; and No Moves", also worth a mention is Marks great advice and psychology on the effect "BALANCE".
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks Calenig,

I have been using a few of Marks effects in my act for a while now and they always go down a storm! Chaos and order is an instant reset crowd pleaser!

Peter
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I've just received this DVD from Alakazam based alone on Peter's demo of "Pre-preconfiguration." It really is a nice effect and probably well worth the price of the DVD (Although we hear that phrase too much these days.) Mark does give references regarding this effect but it is very similar to "Four Way Coincidence" by Johnny Murray (first published in CardCavalcade3) but more recently in Jerry Mentzer's "Cunnning Card Miracles" (USA 1999)

BUT - lets not forget the rest of the DVD! There's some pretty cool stuff on there. None more so than "Chaos and Order" - not impromptu, but a timely deck switch (oh-no, not another one! Smile ) will make it well worth while to produce a minor miracle.

There's a couple of nice gaffed effects in there too. One of those, "Balance" is a wonderful deck-of-cards levitation that, once performed, leaves you 'clean' to carry on with a regular deck of cards.

A very good DVD - well worth the price! Further underlying the trend that Alakazam can generally be relied on to produce darn good stuff.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Cripes! I've just rewalised I've made the same mistake - The trick that prompted this is "Pre-prefiguration" - not Pre-preCONfiguration.

I also forgot to mention that whilst it is very, very similar to the trick outlined above, the handling and presentation here is so much better.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Where can I find the contents of this DVD?

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Caleb

Try this link and scroll to it.

alakazam.co.uk
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
"BEFORE I Forget"- "Pre-Prefiguration".

Cheers Roger
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Sounds really interesting! Is an NTSC version available?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Yes it is in NTSC format.

Peter
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
This is a great little card magic DVD. Mark is a genius in terms of his routining.

Real world card magic that I guarantee will get used. PRE-PRECONFIGURATION is one trick you'll perform for yourself, it's that satisfying.

His opening gag about being an olympic athlete in the past(he must be 20 stone) cracks me up every time.

He's the sort of bloke I'd like to go for a beer with, although I suspect he'd drink me under the table before eating 3+ kebabs.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Elsdon. Is one of the funniest guys I know!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Hi Peter - I PM'd you some time back (re something else) it's still showing as 'unread' did you receive it mate?
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Hey guys.

I watched this dvd and I have to say its the real deal!. I'm not into fluff and powder and stuff on dvds but this is all prime cuts. I'm a big fan of card magic and this is some really fresh thinking with some power house routines.

My fave routines were the trick known as pre-configurtion which I can really see myself doing as it totally fits my character. The other two thumbs up goes to balance which I made up this avo and it will be my knew table hand opener for crimbo. I LOVE "Chaos and Order" its a trick that I'm not sure much else can follow it.

Top bloke who is a joy to learn from, really relaxed style and funny too. I look forward to further output from mark elsden. Those folks looking for a magic stocking filler would enjoy this.

Criss
Big poppa pomp
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
The DVD sounds great! I only hope that it will become available through US distributors and dealers in the near future. Since it can be purchased in NTSC format, my thinking is that it will. The price should be significantly less than having to pay in British pounds in addition to expensive international shipping.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Murphy's Magic Supplies will have them early next week. so you should find it on US sites very soon. If you want one quick we have them in stock at http://www.alakazam-usa.com

Regards

Peter
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Peter, Thank you for responding to my message. I am excited that we will have Mark's new DVD in US distribution so soon! Dare I assume that the "100% Commercial" series will also be available here?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Yes,

Murphy's magic should have the 100% DVD's very shortly.

Peter
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Peter, Again, exciting news! Thank you for keeping us posted!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Elsdon new dvd - Before I forget (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL