The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Elsdon new dvd - Before I forget (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Elsdon DVDs came in 12/9/05 to Murphy's. Thus they should be available from your favorite dealer soon. I have not yet watched it but look forward to doing so. Mark Elsdon is an extremely clever thinker and I am very familiar with his superb work. This should be good. Peter Nardi of Alakazam has some great releases planned so keep an eye on his line.

Tim Trono
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
"Before I Forget" is now listed on the Hocus-Pocus site!
mushi
View Profile
New user
Japan
52 Posts

Profile of mushi
I watched this DVD yesterday. I like GRANDPA'S BOOK, and want to try it. But I can't find the necessary prop -a deck of the penguin books. Does anyone know where to buy it?
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
I recieved my dvd at christmas, besides the andrew normansell "100% commercial" dvd 1 (comedy stand up) and dvd 2 (mentalism) that I can´t recommend, but this is another story.
The mark elsdom dvd is really nice. Ok, not much mentalism on it, more card tricks, but "balance" and chaos and order" are really good ones. I also like the impromptu ring on rubberband effekt (climbed on?)and the grandpa´s book routine. But I´ve the same problem like mushi, where can I get such special playing cards? I wrote to penguin books, but didn´t recieve any answer. And without these cards you can forget this routine...but I don´t want to forget this routine, I want to do it. So peter nardi, when can I order these cards at alakazam?
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Hi there, have you tried "The card Collection" at http://www.cards4magic.co.uk

Best Wishes
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Thanks for the kind words about the DVD.

Regarding the 'Grandfather's Book' routine:

I am hoping to have a VERY limited supply of the cards and books available in the next two weeks. Please PM me to be put on the list if you are interested in a set. It will be a case of first come, first served, since I don't know how many sets I'll be able to put together. I won't know the exact cost either, until I have them in my possession. For those who PM, I'll try to provide a little more info.

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
I very much liked this DVD and liked Mr Elsdon's laid back, natural style of performance. I would just say though that a number of the effects can not be performed with an ordinary deck of cards but if this doesn't bother you then I'm sure you will find the DVD a worthy buy.

Even if you do, like me, prefer to use ordinary decks, then I'm sure you will still enjoy the DVD, for example for pre-prefiguration.

I would also say that it is also very nicely produced.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Pre-prefiguration, this trick is awesome!
I just seem to have trouble with the spectator and the spelling part
even though I repeat the instructons as Mark says so on the dvd, etc. ...
I just wondered if the card in question was higher than a ace or two,
would it still work/play well, if they counted,
i.e., the 6 clubs, count off 6 cards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Obviously you just set the cards initially, for this amount to be counted off later by the spectator.
Anyone got any thoughts on this?
cheers
matt
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1544 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Too much information!! But if it was the six of clubs,you should count 3 because you would be spelling s..i..x. They spell [not count] the value.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I know
but to avoid confusion,
why not set the cards at the beggining to allow them to count
yes?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1544 Posts

Profile of Markymark
..Because they have just shuffled the deck.The whole effect is lost if you set the
deck.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
No, no, no, no
I mean right at the start of the trick ,
when you are "looking for the card you have been thinking of"
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1544 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I think I understand you now but what if the target card is a Queen!.Maybe you could do it your way some of the time though.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Court cards are 10 ?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
655 Posts

Profile of oombob
...ace is one right up to king which is 13....i go for the count as opposed to to the spell if I feel it will work.

This DVD is filled with great entertaining material....great presentations on the card material and ....wow!....i really think "Balance" is terrific.

Top marks Mark.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks for the comments. I love Mark's stuff and use load of it in my close up work.

Peter
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
No worries peter, its a great dvd, both in the material and the producton, (shame the SAW production quality didn't quite match it though
only thing is, with mine, the explanation of my grandfathers book cuts off before the end?
I'm not too fussed about it, as I've got a book and set of cards (with full instructions) coming from mark in the next day or so
thanks again!
look forward to some more top releases from you.......
whats lined up for this year ?
matt
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
We have some great things coming out including ; Two DVD's by John Archer (this guy is just so funny) An effect called JINX, The Mind Power spoon bend DVD + many many more.

Spelmann and myself are also working on a new line of mentalism which is a very exciting product.

I will keep you all informed!

Ragards

Peter

Thank you all for supporting our products!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Grerat any idea of the timescale for the spellman products?
cheers
matt
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Tookm some time and viewd it today again, I really like this dvd, he has some good material on it. I really like his balanced deck routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Elsdon new dvd - Before I forget (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL