We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Search improvements » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erik
View Profile
New user
Bucks County, PA
87 Posts

Profile of erik
I think it would be helpful if the [ search ] button on the pages were context sensitive. That is, if I am in the "Pick a card, any pard" group and I clicked search, the group would already be choosen for me in the search criteria. Alternatively, there could be a two search buttons: [ search this group ] and [ search ] where the former is context sensitive and the latter not.

The site is great, and I am reading it more and more!

thanks for all yor great work,

-erik
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
That could be put in fairly easily, but it's something Steve would have to OK first. I'll send him a PM about it.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
erik
View Profile
New user
Bucks County, PA
87 Posts

Profile of erik
OK, Gene. I will look forward to it if it is approved.

Anything that helps me search, helps prevent me from asked dumb(er) questions, which I could have searched for instead...

thanks,

-erik

Smile
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
The change has been made. Instead of separate context-sensitive search buttons, a simple explanation has been placed above the forum-select box.

This will work only if you are in a specific forum and click the search link. If you are on the index page or another general page and click the search link, the standard search page will be shown.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
erik
View Profile
New user
Bucks County, PA
87 Posts

Profile of erik
Fabulous! I love it (but I would, since I suggested it Smile )

You guys rock!

-erik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Search improvements » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL