The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Loftus Cups & Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I play with these a lot. It is one of my favorite things to do for kids. When I show them the fluffy white balls that come with the cups and say something like they are baby bunny tails or something of that nature. But I was walking through a craft store and they have the same type of balls but in different colours and sizes. So that seems like hte logical load for this set of cups & balls. But what the balls remind me of aren't balls or baby bunny tails, oddly enough they reminds me of tribbles. I would like to make up a story using them as tribbles but I think that most people wouldn't know what a tribble is. But you think that those would be good loads or would I get a better reaction from some type of vegitable or fruit like strawberries or something?
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Kids my age would get the Star Trek reference. Actually they are stocking hat tops. Smile Finish with giant gumballs. Kids will eat it up. Literally! Smile

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Why not build in an explanation of what a "Tribble" is IN the story?

That way you get to have fun with something you are fond of, as well as letting the unaware in on the joke.

That could actually make for a really nice patter.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I doubt that you will have to explain Tribbles. Star Trek has been in continuous syndication since it ceased to be broadcast. About once a month, the Sci-Fi Channel runs a series of the old shows.

But it would make a great trick plot.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I would have to disagree Bill...

I've had one hell of a spring/summer/fall season here in Branson...I've met/performed for around 4 million people this year...It's been amazing.

I've had a great time with it, and I've learned a great deal...I've also made some, to me, shocking discoveries...Like:

The amount of kids who DON'T know who Kermit the Frog is...(I do many voices, like 60 or so, and Kermit is one of my best).

The number of people who have no idea who Marvin the Martian is...

Bullwinkle...

And on and on.

Something like Star Trek is not immune, no matter how pervasive it is...There are populations and generations of folks who have no knowledge of Star Trek whatsoever...

Mention Yu-Gi-Oh and they have a fit, but couldn't tell you what race Spock was to save their lives...

Pitifull, I know.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2005-11-23 23:05, Frank Tougas wrote:
Kids my age would get the Star Trek reference. Actually they are stocking hat tops. Smile Finish with giant gumballs. Kids will eat it up. Literally! Smile

Frank Tougas

A friend of mine that use to run a magic shop use to use hershey's kisses. I just remembering him saying you should tell the child you should ask your parents if you can eat that or not. And he found it strange how many parents told the child no and to throw it away. I mean, they are in a public store you think that would be pretty safe. That is what comes to mind about gumballs.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Loftus Cups & Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL