The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Review request - the artful mentalism of bob cassidy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
Hi folks, as far as I am concerned I don't need an essay or some long review. I would appreciate opinions on the effects and the book in general. Also, I am planning to buy one or more of the followowing three works on mentalism: 13 steps to mentalism by corinda, the one I just mentioned, and the one named theater of the mind. Is that a good enough choice or is there some great book you would consider must have? thanks! Mark
If you are going to Puerto Vallarta on your acations, let me know and write me a PM. I am interested in meeting magicians.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
Try doing a search on those books here on the Café, I checked and there is even a specific thred with reviews.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
Yep, but on the cassidy book, nothing much. I even read the table of contents somewhere, but no real criticism, be it positive or negative. thanks, mark
If you are going to Puerto Vallarta on your acations, let me know and write me a PM. I am interested in meeting magicians.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
It's good. Buy it.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1265 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
If this is to be your first book of mentalism, Mark, get Corinda instead. If you are familiar with mentalism and its performance requirements, this is a very good book.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I second that. Artful Mentalism is a gathering of several scripts by Bob Cassidy. Superb.
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
Thanks guys. I actually ordered BOTH books. I am contemplating theater of the mind, did you read that? Thanks, Mark
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Theater of the Mind is good. Buy it.
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
What a pitch, Salsaman! Smile
I actually did. What about the Annemann. Everybody kind of endorses it but seems to be with less enthusiasm.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Do you mean Practical Mental Effects? I thought you already had it.

Practical Mental Effects, The JINX, Spellbinder and Thirteen Steps is a must.
I go back and browse The JINX every week. Digital Pentagram and SZYZGY would also
be good material to recommend.

As an example: I found a stamp force yesterday in SYZYGY Vol. 5, Number 4, Issue #76. I really should do something with that.
darkseance
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of darkseance
Annemann is good. buy it
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hi Mark: Not sure if you are brand new to Mentalism, as I am. Well, since just last fall, so I consider that brand new.

I started with 13 Steps, which I'm still studying; next I got Practical Mental Magic by Annemann, a wonderful book as well, and a definite recommend, and next I got Artful Mentalism by Bob, which I'm currently reading and TRULY enjoying.

I also picked up Messing With Minds by James Biss; another wonderful work.

I will read and study these, before I purchase Theater of the Mind. One can only handle so much at one time.

OH, forgot, I also have the JINX on CDROM, but haven't had an opportunity to really check it out yet. It was recommended by Richard Osterlind, so it HAS to be worth the purchase.

Hope this helps Mark.

BEST...

smitty
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
Thanks smitty, yes, I own all of the above (just haven't arrived yet), except for the Jinx, whatever that is. Pretty new to this as well, but we will enjoy it! I am sure! Check out my post from today about the ebooks by Bob cassidy. Cheers!
aaguilar007
View Profile
Regular user
México
106 Posts

Profile of aaguilar007
Markiquark,
The Jinx is a publication that Ted Annemann started in 1934, composed of assorted magic from some of the greatest minds in magic. Magic with balls, bills, billets, book tests, brain tests, cards, coins, cigarettes, handkerchiefs, living & dead tests, business cards, watches, mentalism, newspapers, number effects, publicity stunts, ropes & ribbons, slates, spirit effects, thimbles, etc.

Best wishes,

Alfredo
“If you can make another person’s reality into something wonderful, you can do real magic”.

Richard Osterlind
Making Real Magic
markiquark
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of markiquark
I was wondering if anyone could contribute a review anyway Smile
Even though you already helped me a lot you guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Review request - the artful mentalism of bob cassidy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.63 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL