We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Real busker's come forward! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'M A BUSKER!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
IM A VIRGIN!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I can see that,......
koz
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
That wasn`t what you said the other night!
X
Ken.
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
I am a street magician.

I had a teacher

He was good

Sometimes I feel like a hack, sometimes, it all comes together.

I love it all the same. Starting to dust off my Bar Busking chops and get out of the cold. Cellini taught me about this so you work year round. Using Malini as a model for brashness and exploiting engineered opportunities, I had a hay day soon to be revisited.

TF
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I..I'm not a busker. Sure, I've done it for the experience, street magic...the real kind, not that 'look look watch watch' stuff. I'm really just a working stiff, I know, some day I'll rot for it. On the good side when I do see a magician working the street I give 'em the biggest bill I have on me at the time.
Steve V <---he sucks
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
And you were great last night ! NICE!!!!!!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Tom
I was wondering when you were going to say Hello.
Mario
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I'm not the busker
not the busker's son
but I can entertain
'til that busker comes

I have learned a lot from this forum. Thanks to all of you real BUSKERS I started 'passing the hat' this past summer. I guess I am a newbee to the street's, but I have been perfoming magic for the past 35 years or so.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Good for you kono
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Thanks Koz,

I'v been really giving that loop ball a work out too. I think everyone should buy one from you.
I use the Cellini loop ball and hat routine to gather a crowd. (off the "magic you can do anywhere DVD". Just count the ball's as you produce them and people just start coming to see what is going on, by the time I show the hat empty I have enough people to start the show.

Thanks for all the help.
kOnO

PS tedb is a busker
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile thanks...yep, I am a busker
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I'm not familiar with a loop ball. Guide me buskerman.
Steve V
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Me and a friend is hitting the christmas markets in town in some minutes. He hasn't busked before, so he's a street-virgin. (Not the real virgin-McCoy as Kondini.) Anyway, we will probably freeze our hands of doing juggling and magic in the Swedish winter cold, but hey, that's what I love. To freeze.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I've done a lot of street-magic, and some busking, on & off for over 17 years. I've never done for a living, but I have used it to SURVIVE while wandering through Europe. Ever since I landed my regular gig table hopping at Disney....I'll admit I havn't done much of either.

I've had all manner of experiences in those 17 years....I don't know who would find my advice usefull, but all sorts of advice are potentialy usefull, and should be regarded as such. Parts of this thread smack of elitism....not that there's anything really WRONG with having elites and qualifications to be one of that group, but here is wisdom from the fool: DO NOT DISMISS advice...TEST IT. try it. See if it works or not. We're not talking about advice regarding skydiving here, so go ahead and risk it. If it works, great, if it flops, you STILL profited by learning from a failure. You'll never know if you don't try.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Mighty Fool
Great advise that I think we should all tack on board. The point of this thread is to make it clear who is who so when advice is given we can all be at the best advantage to learn. The advice that can be misleading is when it is given by someone as if they are more experienced than they really are. In my mind the only folk that should have trouble with this thread are the ones that do give this impression.

The intention is far removed from creating elitism but rather a safe environment in which to share what ever our experience. If there is a post in this thread that is contradiction to that, please do highlight the whole post and if it is mine I will apologies. Failing that I trust we are saying the same thing.
Mario

PS. To all
On the 1st of Dec Mandy my wife gave birth to our baby boy after just 5 hours labor, we can not decide on a name but have a few ideas. Smile
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2005-12-04 07:47, Mario Morris wrote:
PS. To all
On the 1st of Dec Mandy my wife gave birth to our baby boy after just 5 hours labor, we can not decide on a name but have a few ideas. Smile

Mario,

Congratulations!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea, congrats!
from a BUSKER!
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Congratulations Mario!
Jim is a great name...
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks guys
I like Wilder!
Mario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Real busker's come forward! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL