The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Levitate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Is there anyway possible for anyone who owns the " Icarus effect" or some one who is familiar with the Criss angel levitation to PM me, I have a few questions...

Thank You...

Jester
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I'm still watting on my Icarus and the Angel Lev dosen't come out untill the first of December or there abouts.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Same effect, only difference is the direction you are facing when you preform it and the cost. The Criss Angel version is half the cost.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Again Joey is bs-ing everyone. He doesn't own either levitation, hasn't even seen either one done in person. He's just some kid who doesn't really know what he's talking about.

There are definite differences bewteen the two levitations, both in their appearance, practicality and in their construction.

With the DVD Angel is selling, that's all you get -- the DVD telling you how to make the levitation that Jacob Spinney invented and that Angel used on his television show to float on the escalator and onto the chair. You must hunt down all the bits and pieces and parts and then contstruct the lev.

With Aaron Paterson's Icarus Effect, you get everything you need to assemble the lev. and customize it to your own body and clothing, as well as a DVD that takes you step by step through the assembly process, then gives tips and ideas for presentation both for street performance and for stage use.

You can read the overwhelmingly positive reviews of Icarus Effect elsewhere on this forum.

- entity
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
And with the levitation that costs half as much you wouldn't be able to customize it to your own body and clothing? Wow, you have to buy materials that can be found locally. Oh nos! If you want to spend 400 rather than 200 be my guest.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
As I said, a kid who really doesn't know what he's talking about.

- entity
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, here, for those wavering about which levitation to buy:

Look at video of all of them (including the Spinney version that Angel will be describing on his DVD). compare the look of each, the apparent practicality, etc. Now read reviews from those who have purchased. Talk to those who have bought and consider the pros and cons of each. Then choose the one that appeals to you most, that fits your performing style, budget, your needs as a performer.

Aaron isn't afraid of the competition. Icarus Effect is a wonderful levitation. The thinking behind it is first rate, and the marketed product contains the best dvd and materials Aaron could possibly produce. The price is purposely set a little high to prevent the merely curious from getting hold of it. This, to me, shows a respect for magic and for Performers of Magic.

Angel is offering his DVD to the general public via his website.

You decide what works for you.

- entity
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1169 Posts

Profile of APC
I want Icarus so bad, but don't have the cash Smile
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Basketboy5: Save up your money. Do a few shows, and use that money to get what you want. Sometimes when we have to work harder for things, they mean more to us once we get them.

- entity
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Joey still waiting on all those questions I had for you about Angels lev. Well how about some answers, do you start clean, do you end clean, can I float as high as Cris did, how hard is the Angel lev to build, will I be able to easily find all the supplies to build it, will they really only cost $125 you keep saying that, oh and how hard and how long will it take to build.
Joey you seem to be the only one here who knows how both Icarus and Angels levs work which is awefully funny itself so how about explainig why Angels is so cool other than the price, if that's your only arguement sad.

Jeff
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Criss Angel demonstrated the chair lev with dress pants. And considering you don't wear running shoes with dress pants... that is probably your biggest expense.

Can't explain why he stated $125 or $250 or more for the lev. It can be done with old hand-me-down around the house.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Troller: You own the Angel lev., do you? Or are you just guessing?

-entity
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Just look here. All if not most questions have already been covered on this effect. You may have to take some time and look through all pages, but I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. This has been discussed in depth more than enough already. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&765
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Somebody please smack me for ordering Icarus from Hank lee's,its been three weeks and counting.They sent me snail mail and it said will ship in two weeks.^They also sent an email and said it will be a very short wait before shipping but it will be worth the wait-yea right!
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
You could have ordered it directly from the inventor, Aaron Paterson, at icaruseffect.com.

- entity
TheFourWinds
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of TheFourWinds
Why do people order it from everyone else other than the originator? And why do people not ask the originator for help and answers to their questions?

For one, this will keep it private between the two parties and no revealing what-so-ever in the above mentioned style of communicating. Direct to the source!!!!

Happy levitating!
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I did try to order from Arron but Paypal rejected it most likey because I haven't been verified and the Icarus would have put me over my non verified limit.My Paypal was backed up by my American Express card.My wife won't let me get verified because she said no one touches the checking account but her.I tried alternate payment on Arron's site by clicking on American Express but it said that was the card Paypal turned down.I knew my card was good because I pay my bill every month.I would have got it off Hocus Pocus which I usually buy from but they took The Icarus off its site because of you know who.So I ordered from Hank Lee's with the same American Express Card.I got an email and a letter acouple days later saying they would ship it to me in two weeks,well its over three weeks and counting.Sorry for the long post but you asked why I did'nt order from Arron.
popogigo24
View Profile
New user
Colorado
12 Posts

Profile of popogigo24
Do you need to alter your shoes at all? and can you be viewed from all sides after and prior to the effect (like just walking around)?
Keep staring, maybe I'll do a trick.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Popo: Have you read the various Icarus effect threads on this forum?

All your questions have been asked and answered many times over. Try doing a search.

- entity
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
Icarus does look good. I would love to have it. Anything that looks that good is worth paying for. Angel is just trying to promote himself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Levitate (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL