The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » A Touch of Gore! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
How many heads on a coin? how many heads on a picture card?

This had me thinking and while I have formed a few routines I needed a hook or a premise if you like. This is what I came up with.

I pondered the word headcount and tried too find an origin. no luck! So I made my own.
Headcount is an old war term. In battles of old after a brave warrior had charged there was a need for a tally of their slain. counts of dead were needed for the record battles and wars.
The only way to get an accurate count was to count heads as many of the bodies were torn apart.

So this can be a premise for tearing a card or lining up coins ect.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6679 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Funny you should mention that... a couple of years ago I helped Shoot Ogawa with the patter presentation for a very cool card effect that deals with a ghost story.
Without going into much detail, the final punch line of the story is, "remember, always do a head count."
And that punch line deals with the ghost story that is about a few people losing their heads, but the dual meaning has to do with counting how many people are participating in the game he is talking about.
So, long story short, yes I believe you can use that meaning to your advantage in your effects.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » A Touch of Gore! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL