The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My new show! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
My new show!
Recently I have reshaped my show.
I now start with the ambitions card routeen or the three shell game and pull them in close I then introduce cups and balls before this goes into full swing I introduce the satellite dish of doom. This is a battered old tray which I end up balancing on my chin with Rocky on it on top of a ten foot tall extender-bale pole. I get a young volunteer to hold before , I the return to the plot C&B. All the time I am pushing my crowd out. Once I have finished I introduce a straight-jacket and chain and I pull in another volunteer which I did for seven years into I meet Gazzo.
I take the pole tip the kid balance the tray while playing amazing grace on a Kazoo to now if all is well a big crowd. Then on with the straight jacket, chain and hat lines.

In the doorway I keep it to just C&B.
This show can play very big up to 45min. I can easily drop the tray if I need too.
The cups & loads I just leave sitting on the table into I am finished with my hat.
If you have any advice or thoughts please do give them. I does not matter weather your a novice or not, just let me know that will be a great help.
You may even have a new show your self or one you have never shared what is it?
Mario
PS Don’t nick my pole and tray idea please I am the only one that does it in the world and I have done it for about 15yrs on and off.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Coming from a non-busker, but a student of the art: I'd like to hear about your 3 shell game and how you manage not to attract the authority's attention so they don't shut you down.

This is one not taught in books, so I'm asking a "real" busker. I hope you don't mind. Smile

David
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Not at all Dave,
I have a few thoughts on this; the Police are different in the UK. They just know a performer when they see one I guess. Especially if I am on a regular performers spot, which tell the truth I am often not by choice.
There are some places I would do this and other I won’t. Infect I have never been given a second look, yet.
I should imaging in the US things are a bit different. On the other hand Canada I used my shells qwite often and never had problems. The main thing to watch is your crowd, read them if they look laid back then you should be OK. If they are holding there hand bags tight forget it.
One thing is for sure once you got a punter to play the crowd grows quickly
My patter on the shells is based on "Reasons not to Gamble, let your eyes be a guide".

I must admit you can alienate your crowd from the start with this so it could affect your hat. I use often when it is a slow build, a regular spot all a booking.
If in dout don't do it.
By the way Dave if you’re hatting it then you’re a Busker.
Mario
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Dave, have you ever come across a real 3-shell or monte con on the street before? They have look-outs, their table is made of an up-turned cardboard box -- and sometimes just a piece of flat cardboard laying directly on the ground which they bend over -- etc, etc. Not only that, but I've even seen a shell guy (or 3) use carved-out carrot ends for their shells -- so the evidence can be eaten on the run!

That, plus when ever the cops come within 100 feet, their look-outs give a warning and the whole joint is gone in 2 seconds flat!

So of course the cops know a legit performer when they see one: We're the stupid guys that carry too much equipment, can't run away like wild rabbits in heat, and literally sit still and allow the cop to write up a court summons!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Chance
As you can see I am trying to take on your addvice.
Mario
PS How do you go about getting the chain wrapped around the outside of your SJ?
Mario
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
That's an easy one, Mario! Put the chains on yourself first -- make it as loose or as tight as you like, and use as many locks as you want -- then next the jacket goes on. Easy! See, that way you can use you own hands to do all the work. Saves a lot on time, and no need for volunteers. Try it!

Chance
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
YOUR MAD.
Mario
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Coming from you Mario, I'll take that as a compliment!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My new show! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL