The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Most used DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
I'm deciding what Magic DVD I will get for Christmas and would like to know what DVD do you own that you use the material off of daily or that has the most real workers on it.

The one DVD that I don't own that I know is a favorite here is Wilsons "On The Spot"

I would like to hear your ideas.

Thanks!
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
Before everyone start telling you to get Michael Close Worker series...let me tell you that it's only a 'worker' if you are as skilled as Michael Close, who can do palms like breathing, who can estimate the number of cards in a pile just by feeling the edges of the cards..you may also need to know a memorized stack, good card estimations, culling...etc
So you can be your own judge when you get it.

For workers, I'd say David Williamson's Magic Farm
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
"On the spot" is good but I don't know about most used. The truth and even though I will get a lot of heat for this. But I always find myself to review my ETMCM vol-2..
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
The dvds that I frequently return to for refresher are - Jay Sankey's Secret Files, Michale Ammar's ETMCM Vol.2 and Vol.4, and Richard Sander's Fiber Optics. p.s. I'm putting David Williamson's Magic Farm on my list. Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Mark Jenest Miracles While U Wait!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I use a lot of stuff from Front Row Sankey. Easily one of Sankey's best dvds.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Doc Eason series, #3 is my favorite
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
Lol, my Sylvester Pitch dvd is used a LOT....
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Guastaferro Brainstorm DVD's.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Martin Lewis videos, Daryl's Fooler Doolers...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I second Guastaferro´s dvd set
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Aldo Colombini- The Essential Colombini.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I think the jenest dvd is a good idea....easy to master stuff nad high impact and great for the youth style magi

koz
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I use Ammars ETMCM the most for card tricks.Mark Jenest Miracles While U Wait is also great pretty easy to learn tricks and now I am starting to put together tricks from Guastaferro Brainstorm DVD's.
Its just what you really want to learn and how skilled you are in my on opion.I use a few tricks out of about 300 vidoes and DVDs.
But the most used are the Ammars for me
Dr.Fate
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dr.Fate
Personally I use a lot of Greg Wilsons work, but with my own touches. I also use a lot of Curtis Kam, Michael Rubinstein, and David Roth for coins. I do love the work of Bill Malone, and my man Daniel Garcia. I find Daniel to be a very talented young in years but not experience Magi.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
You'll wear out sylvester pitch before you can perfectly perform it....boy do I love watching him do it though
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
magicgirl
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicgirl
I've got most of the DVDs that have been recommended on this list...if I were to list out what I think are the most usable, it would be:

Ammar's ETMCM series
Just about anything by Jay Sankey - I really liked the Sankey Sanders Sessions
The Richard Sanders Show
John Guastaferro's Brainstorm

Also, a couple of DVDs that are very good that I think are a bit underrated are:

Born to Perform Card Magic by Oz Pearlman
Cutting Edge Cards and Coins by Jason Dean and John Born

Many have recommended Greg Wilson. His material is excellent, however it is not for me. You might want to take a look at some of his stuff - you may like it, or you may not.
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
John Guastaferro's Brainstorm
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Charlie Frye's Eccentricks 2. Tons of intense sleight of hand that requires tons of practice but is sooooo worth mastering.

FC
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
ETMCM!!!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Most used DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL