The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What is the most under rated kid show effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I opened my last and so far only show with a paper hat tear. I was concerned it wouldn't get a very good response as it was so simple, inexpensive, and I thought done to death. It got oohs, ahhs and a huge response.
I had obviuosly underated the effect.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
It never ceases to amaze me. I keep struggling with this. I have been doing family shows for six years. I do between 150-200 shows. I consider myself at about intermediate status. I still struggle with, what I call beginner thoughts of what trick will be a killer. I order tricks and props. Some sit, and some go in my show but fail to get the response I expect. The biggest improvements in my show so far have been for two reasons. First, I attended Kidabra. The wealth of help and information instantly helped me better my show. I am still learning from it. Secondly, I read the book, "Maximum Entertainment" by Ken Webber. It showed me that there is more to performing than just tricks, a lot more!!! Since then I have continued to research and practice. I keep my eyes open for everyday things like things that happen at the dinner table or at work as possibilities. I read all kinds of material, not just magic books. Things like elementary science books and comedy books. So, to bring this to a close, the other day I am doing a birthday show. What got the biggest response? Sitting down to pull a huge sponge rock from my shoe because it was bothering me!!! You never know. Just play it for all it's worth.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
Paper hat tears... totally under rated.
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Popo,

Thanks for your post ... well said. I hope to attend my first Kidabra conference this summer.

Dan.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Popo,
I too plan on attending Kidabra this year, and nice post.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Spongeballs. You can use larger ones for small stage events and people just can't figure out how those darn things keep multiplying. I personally have my "Trained Sponge Bats" routine which the kids love.
moosemanty
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of moosemanty
It is not exactly magic but after a kids show is done I say it is always good to have balloons for balloon animals kids love it teenagers love and most of the time adults like it. plus depending on what kind of magic you are into you can add the balloons into your shows most of the time in one way or another.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What is the most under rated kid show effect? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL